Forums Latest Members

Omega Seamaster 300 bracelet sizing question

1. JrMvail9988 Mar 9, 2016

Hello,
    Just got an Omega SeaMaster 300. It has the bracelet with screws on both sides of the links. Question: How do you loosen up the screws?
    Thanks for any help...

2. gemini4 Hoarder Of Speed et alia Mar 9, 2016

With a micro screwdriver.

3. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Mar 9, 2016

Get it professionally sized, if you are at all the lease bit uncomfortable or do not have a proper screw driver..

4. gemini4 Hoarder Of Speed et alia Mar 9, 2016

I suppose but for the $25 a watchmaker/jeweler will charge you, you can get a visor with magnification and light. A couple of micro screwdrivers and a twizzer. It's not brain surgery.

JohnSteed and Foo2rama like this.
  5. Egatdagi Mar 9, 2016

Until my fumble fingers drops the screw [emoji26]

Foo2rama likes this.
  6. Perseus Mar 10, 2016

I imagine a AD or boutique would do it for free.

7. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Mar 10, 2016

I went to the OB in San Diego and they adjusted my Skyfall free of charge.

JohnSteed likes this.
  8. Hands90 Mar 10, 2016

I'm not sure if I understand getting a bracelet sized. I trust myself more then someone else

9. Perseus Mar 11, 2016

The shallow screws on the new Omega bracelets are a little nerve racking. The screws on the Tudor bracelet are considerably deeper and they screw right into the other side of the bracelet so it's only one long screw/tube piece.

10. Benolio Mar 11, 2016

If you do it yourself, make sure you do it over a tray! The screws are only about 1mm deep, I lost one temporarily when I did mine, handy vac found it.
    Anyway as the others have said make sure you have a proper screwdriver, a 1.4mm worked for me. They are pretty stiff so slow steady pressure, making sure the screwdriver head is well seated in the screw.

When you've got both screws out you can then remove the central pin.

All a bit of a pain compared to my Pelagos and Oris Titan, but aesthetically I guess it is more balanced.

Have fun, and don't lose the little buggers!

11. Benolio Mar 11, 2016

You'd think but here in the UK I was asked £20 because I hadn't bought it at their store even though they are the AD.

Customer service eh!

12. Perseus Mar 11, 2016

We need a thumbs down logo for this one. It's not that hard if you have the the screw drivers. But you have to be real cool or the screw driver will slip and scratch the bracelet or you'll muck up the screw head.

Benolio likes this.
  13. Hands90 Mar 11, 2016

That makes me nervous but you could always tape around the screw just in case.

And you only need to size it once.

14. JrMvail9988 Mar 24, 2016

Thanks, I guess you only have to unscrew one of the screws, and then a rod will fall out. Hard part is figuring out which screws will loosen. (I think I read somewhere that one of the screws has lock-tight (sp?) for each link.) Thanks for your help.

15. Nactex Mar 25, 2016

They actually sell the correct 1.4mm screw driver on the bay for $12.95.

WATCH SCREW DRIVER FOR OMEGA WATCH STRAP BAND 1.40MM TOOL #1

16. zinzan8 Mar 25, 2016

I thought the correct size screwdriver for this watch was 1.8?

17. Nactex Mar 25, 2016

I did some more research and I found people have used the 1.8mm, 1.6mm and the 1.4mm screw drivers. Ofrei even refers to using a 2mm screw driver for the Bracelet 1958/989. I guess the screws differ by bracelet. You might need to get an assortment to find the right size for your bracelet.

18. Saysay Mar 25, 2016

Both screws will loosen even with the Loctite. I typically hold the tool with my ring finger next to the head of the screwdriver as a guide and to ensure stability, my pointer finger is on top of the screwdriver while I use my thumb and middle finger to tighten/loosen. This method has allowed me to never scratch a timepiece *knock on wood*. I use the tweezers to remove and set the screws, always grabbing them from the stem. You will need to make sure the pin is set all the way in when you put the screws back or they won't screw in properly.

Hope this helps and great choice on a timepiece!