Forums Latest Members
  1. AKK Oct 4, 2016

Hello!
    I am wading through the Seamasters from the early 1960s. The prices vary tremendously. For the exact watch that I have attached the link to. WHat is a fair price for this watch in really good condition. I believe there are 2 movements, one of which is more common than the other. 265? 266? For this identical watch how would the rarer of the 2 movements affect/improve value and why?
    http://www.chrono24.com/en/omega/se...d-winding-268-steel-mens-watch--id4873359.htm
    Thankyou
    Ang

2. Edward53 Oct 5, 2016

No collector would want this watch. The seller openly states that the dial has been repainted. The price would be high for a nice example, and this is not a nice example.

Did you not notice in the description and photos that the movement is a 268?

If you really do want a nice vintage Seamaster, you are not ready to buy one yet.

Vitezi and SpeedTar like this.
  3. SpeedTar Oct 5, 2016

Wow very bad redial with not the original specs and far too expensive by the way.
    As said Edward53 continue searching.
    There is many variation of Seamaster : automatic (rotor and bumper)// manual, central second/ sub second, search in this forum and you probably find the reference you would like to buy

4. AKK Oct 5, 2016

OK fellas, thanks for the replies... but it would help if the post would have been read and interpreted correctly before jumping down my throat. The link was an example of the exact model I am after. I am not after the watch in the photo but the exact same model. The question was about this excact model and what a fair price would be. I was taking advantage of the clear photo and description.
    I also asked about the difference in the 2 movements this watch comes with... I guess its a 288 and a 289 amd why a 289 is more desirable. Is it because its 'improved' compared to a 288?
    So there we go... lets try again. Thanks.