Forums Latest Members

SOLD Omega Seamaster 2869 - charming patina - CHF 490

1. iamvr Feb 24, 2023

Hi OF

Hopefully a quick and easy sale this time. I'm offering my Omega Seamaster 2869 from the 50s as a nice entry level piece. For the ones that don't know this model. It was produced around the same time as the more common 2846, with which it shares the movement (caliber 500/501). For some reason Omega produced fewer examples of the 2869 which is why it comes up for sale less often. The Omega Enthusiast produced a video dedicated to this reference if you're interested. Check here.

The watch and condition

Model: Omega Seamaster ref. 2869
    Movement: caliber 501, full automatic movement. It runs and sets well, but it has not been serviced in my possession nor do I know the service history.
    Dial and hands: Original two-tone dial that developed a charming patina. Depending on the light and angle the outer ring may appear darker then the center and vice versa, pretty cool. Hands and indices are gold plated which I always like in a steel case. They don't have lume which is always a plus for me.
    Case: May have been polished in the past, but facets on the lugs are still clearly visible. Some scratches on the side of the top left lug, but not visible when wearing the watch.
    Crown: Replacement crown.
    Crystal: signed.
    Dimensions: 34mm in diameter w/o crown, 41mm lug to lug, 19mm lug with, so it gives a nice wrist presence.
    Strap: including a brown two-stitch strap bought from our own @jankoxxx

Terms: CHF 490 plus shipping (I'm gonna stay firm on this one, it's cheap). No returns unless grossly misrepresented. Watch and I are in the motherland of Switzerland. Plenty of positive reviews as both seller and buyer here.

If you think I've forgotten anything or in case of questions, feel free to contact me.

Pictures will tell the rest
    DSC_3915.jpeg DSC_3916.jpeg DSC_3913.jpeg IMG_0083 Kopie.jpeg DSC_3937.jpeg DSC_3938.jpeg DSC_3941.jpeg DSC_3947.jpeg IMG_0072 Kopie.jpg

DSC_3920.jpeg
  2. RevZMan123 Feb 24, 2023

Start of my "bumping for a friend" trend ... please buy this to assuage my guilt over not buying it when the exchange rate was better last year.

LuisxDel, Transitus and iamvr like this.
  3. RevZMan123 Feb 25, 2023

The patina makes it look like a drum head. So cool.

Thommas, iamvr, apsm100 and 1 other person like this.
  4. iamvr Feb 28, 2023

SOLD and going to a nice member in the US. Thanks OF for the space.

Rudi99, MtV, LuisxDel and 3 others like this.
  5. RevZMan123 Feb 28, 2023

Sweet! I'm glad this is finally going to a loving home.

iamvr likes this.