Forums Latest Members

SOLD Omega Seamaster 2531.80 Automatic "Bond"

1. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Jun 13, 2017

I bought this a couple years ago from a well known dealer to use as a travel watch and used it as such on multiple trips, until recently when I bought another robust GMT that is now my go-to watch for travel abroad. Due to a batch of incomings lately, it's time to let a few fly and this one is no longer truly needed for its originally-intended purpose.

As you can see, this is not (and has never been) a safe queen. The lugs are polished, the hands are newer replacements, and the watch was originally sold via a grey market dealer (so the external serial is gone, though it still exists internally as far as I'm aware). Frankly, I bought this watch to beat the hell outta, and it was perfect for that reason - and the patina on the dial / lightly faded bezel really add a nice "pop" to it apart from many other examples. Maybe somebody else here will find the same purpose.

As far as timekeeping, it has run extremely steadily and accurately (though my informal way of timing is to notice if it deviates by minutes after 1-2 days) and has performed very well over the past couple years. No known service history, however, and it's sold as-is.

Given all of the info above, I am pricing this below other examples that have surfaced (and my price is firm). It will be provided on the strap shown here, which has never been worn. My price is $950 shipped, add 3% if PayPal is used (n/a if Friends & Family is used) and face-to-face is always welcome in Chicago. Please reach out via PM here or email me at [email protected] with any questions.
    IMG_0141.JPG IMG_0143.JPG IMG_0144.JPG IMG_0146.JPG IMG_0147.JPG IMG_0148.JPG IMG_0152.JPG

jimmyd13 and R3D9 like this.
  2. R3D9 Jun 13, 2017

I love the way the lume has faded on the dial. GLWS!

3. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Jun 14, 2017

OHPF

4. trackpad Jun 14, 2017

Wish I had seen this earlier – great purchase!!!