Omega Seamaster 200 “pre bond”

Hello All,
I’ve never bought an omega but I want to start with a seamaster 200. I have a choice between 2. One has all original movements but a loose security clasp and a slightly worn bezel. The other option is in perfect aesthetic condition but the watch has been serviced and the 1438 quatz movement has been replaced with a modern Swiss eta replacement. Now I have no idea what this means, Would that affect its future value. The later watch is more expensive than the first. Which one should I go with in all your professional opinions. I’d really value some advice. Thank you Adam

Ps. The picture shows the aesthetic damage of the first one to the dial.

I'd take the better looking one personally. The 1438 and its ETA equivalent are pretty much identical and the movement are replaced at service time by Omega in any event. I was under the impression that the bezel could no longer be obtained for all Pre-Bonds. I have been informed recently that for some models you can get them (and being a mid size this could be one of those) but even though that it good news, they are hundreds of dollars so not a cheap swap. Most Pre-Bonds are now pretty knocked about, they weren't super robust in the first place and time hasnt been kind to many of them. The later Bond SMP was built rather better and lasts better as a result. The bracelets in particular can be poor on PreBonds, check carefully there. Links are available but if its very loose, full replacement can be the only remedy and again that is no longer cheap.

I'd take the better looking one personally. The 1438 and its ETA equivalent are pretty much identical and the movement are replaced at service time by Omega in any event. I was under the impression that the bezel could no longer be obtained for all Pre-Bonds. I have been informed recently that for some models you can get them (and being a mid size this could be one of those) but even though that it good news, they are hundreds of dollars so not a cheap swap. Most Pre-Bonds are now pretty knocked about, they weren't super robust in the first place and time hasnt been kind to many of them. The later Bond SMP was built rather better and lasts better as a result. The bracelets in particular can be poor on PreBonds, check carefully there. Links are available but if its very loose, full replacement can be the only remedy and again that is no longer cheap.
Hi thank you for your reply, I will probably go with the better looking one then! Thank you 😁

I love pre Bond watches, I have 7 of them and most in the full size configuration with automatic movements. Definitely go with the better looking one. At one point all the original movements will need to be swapped as they start acting up. Did you get yours?