Forums Latest Members

SOLD Omega S/S Seamaster (1952), 36.5mm case, honeycomb dial, Cal 354

1. Spike Feb 22, 2016

The need to raise funds for another purchase means this beauty is reluctantly offered for sale.

FACE3.jpg

Here we have my lovely, all original, oversize (Jumbo) Omega Seamaster with honeycomb/textured dial dating from around 1952 (serial number 13418782).

The case reference for this one is 2494-4 2657, with a case diameter of 36.5mm (excluding the crown) and housing a Cal 354 bumper movement.

The dial on this has a very nice even cream patina with lovely gold 'coffin style' markers and with its honeycomb textured dial & larger than normal case, it's a lovely watch and a nice presence on the wrist.

Although I don't have a documented service history for this one, it did go into my watchmaker at the tail end of 2014 to be checked over after I purchased it. He gave it a clean bill of health and informed me that it looked fine and he felt it didn't need a service at that time (I note that over the years a number of service markings are visible on the inside of the case back). It has spent most of its life with me locked away in my safe and a recent check over a period of a few days wearing the watch on its timekeeping shows it as keeping good time at approx -18 secs over 24hr periods.

You may want to consider a further assessment for service is this was gong to be a daily wearer or regulation if those seconds are important to you.

I am asking what I hope is a reasonable £450 for this lovely Omega. Payment in Sterling by bank transfer or Paypal at no cost to me, UK shipping included, elsewhere at cost by whatever method is requested.

As a private seller I can only accept returns if the watch is not a genuine Omega or significantly not as described, so please study the pictures below which form the main part of the description.

Thanks for looking!

FACE2.jpg
    CROWN.jpg
    BACK.jpg
    INSIDE_FULL.jpg
    MOVEMENT-1.jpg
    MOVEMENT_2.jpg

2. Spike Feb 22, 2016

Now sold.....my thanks to the buyer and the forum for the sales facility.