Forums Latest Members
  1. billythekid Dec 2, 2017

hi all. just obtained a omega 120 s/master. and in need of a little help. could anyone tell if this is a kosher dial or not.. the dial to me looks to new, plus it looks as if the hour markers have been relumed.... the font looks right but i,m no expert. any help would do appreciated. thanks

P1010001.JPG P1010006.JPG P1010008.JPG P1010014.JPG
  2. COYI Dec 2, 2017

I only had a quick look but the dial looks original to me. The lume at 6, 9 and 12 and on the hands looks more green than on the other hour markers which are more of a custard hue. So perhaps it has been partially relumed. Does the greener lume appear brighter after exposure to light?

Why didn't you post photos of the rest of the watch?

3. Davidt Dec 2, 2017

Looks good to me. Lume apppears original.

4. Shabbaz Dec 2, 2017

Looks ok to me. With all of my 120's the lume of the 6, 9 and 12 are a little bit different then the rest... picture to compare:

20171130_162835.jpg
    Spruce likes this.
  5. Mouse_at_Large still immune to Speedmaster attraction Dec 2, 2017

I'm no expert, but I think I remember reading something positing that the substance that lume is applied to can affect how it degrades. In the case of the OP's dial, the lume on the hands and the baton markers would appear to have been applied onto metal, whereas the lume on the dial has been applied directly onto the dial (possibly onto painted markers). This might explain colour difference between the two.

dialstatic likes this.
  6. dialstatic Dec 3, 2017

Either that, or they used different lume for different substrates, possibly because the regular stuff would corrode the metal on the markers or not attach well enough, or something. Those are all just guesses, of course

In any case, I’ve noticed a similar difference in color on my Seamaster pre-bond, whose hands have aged differently from the markers (hands were never replaced). I see the same ‘defect’ in sale ads for most pre-bonds, where it’s often explained as indicative of service hands (...which need not be the case).

7. Damo Dec 3, 2017

My first impression was original and even though I'm no expert by any means I'm glad after reading others responses that appears to be the case. It does look to be in good condition :)

8. billythekid Dec 4, 2017

thanks RE ALL YOUR HELP.... a top quality service . as allways regards