Forums Latest Members
  1. JerryB May 25, 2016

Any recommendations of someone to fit some sub dial hands to my speedy, after one of them fell off.
    Battersea way would be good.
    Thanks
    J.

2. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder May 25, 2016

I think if a hand has fallen off, there may well be deeper issues ready to be taken care of.

sky21 likes this.
  3. sky21 May 25, 2016

STS?? Or is that over the top for just a subdial hand?

4. JerryB May 25, 2016

Sts would be the go to, and generally my choice. However in this instance I am hoping that it just a simple job for someone competent.
    I am hoping there are no underlying issues. The fallen off hand had been fitted and removed a few times and I think/ hope that the hole was just a bit big, and nothing else sinister..

Any ideas for someone competent that takes walk ins, pref on a sat morning ?

5. Mhorwitz Jun 13, 2016

Hi. I am new to the forum. Did you ever find someone as I Need similar work done. Thanks.

6. JerryB Jun 13, 2016

Hello.
    I was not recommended anyone specifically for this job in London. I had hoped to be able to sort elsewhere, but timings did not allow this. So still looking as per original request.

7. watchlovr Jun 13, 2016

I think for a seemingly small job like to get accepted by a good London watchmaker (without getting a full service done), you would need to have a existing relationship in place.
    It should not take 20 mins to do but and good London guy will already be busy, why should help you, who he does not know, job might end up being a nightmare, lots of hassle he does not need etc, etc.....

Sorry but I am just being realistic here.
    If it were me, Id send it to STS for the work to be done and ask for an evaluation of what else might be required.
    They would quote for possible service/parts etc but if you refuse the work quoted, you should get it back with the sub dial refitted.
    You may even decide to let them service your watch.

Otherwise check Youtube, buy some tools and diy.

8. JerryB Jun 13, 2016

Yep understand that view.
    The existing relationships I have are back on south coast where I moved from.
    Will be posting to sort it.

STS may not like this one, as it's a bit of a put together, hence my reluctance to use them in this instance..

9. Mhorwitz Sep 26, 2016

Did you ever find someone in London, I have 2 classics to service and a modern watch that needs a service and a link

10. lillatroll Sep 26, 2016

I have sent a few watches for service to Stefan who is in London and also a member of this forum.

Winston_Smith likes this.