Forums Latest Members

SOLD OMEGA Reference 2639 Black Gilt Tropical Dial, 36mm Stainless

1. MikeMan2727 Jun 10, 2019

Hi all,

Next up for sale is an Omega 2639-9 from approximately 1952.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

The black gilt dial has turned a lovely tropical brown, which looks fantastic in direct sunlight. Gold dial furniture and hands with all original radium lume retained. All gold hash marks on the dial are clearly visible.

The 36mm stainless steel case has been polished at some point in the past, but the case lines and chamfers are all still visible. The crystal is original and has developed fine crazing - I did not want to change it to retain originality, but the buyer can decide. The crown is also original and is slightly worn. No issues with winding or time setting with it.

The caseback is marked 2639-9 with multiple service marks. The cal 265 movement with serial 13.5 million dates to approximately 1952. The watch has not been serviced in my position but has been winding and running nicely. It has definitely been serviced in the past as shown by the caseback service marks.

The watch will come on the simple black leather strap seen in most photos.

5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg 10.jpg 11.jpg 12.jpg

For this watch, I am asking $800 including shipping in the USA. I am happy to split international shipping costs. Transferwise is preferred for international deals. I have plenty of feedback on this forum if you search for "MikeMan2727" in the Seller Profile section. Returns accepted if the watch is misrepresented.

Thanks for taking a look and OF for the space!

2. MikeMan2727 Jun 12, 2019

Bump