Omega Ref 2324 1940s - Thoughts?

HI OF

I recently bought this Omega from an antique market here in the UK. The dial is not exactly pristine, but I liked many of the features - 35mm steel snap in case, syringe hands, blued second hands, drilled lugs, not to mention the movement, which appears to be running well. It does have a military look, although of course its probably civilian.

There are so many variations of these 30 T2 Omegas, but I can't find many examples of this Reference 2324/9 (going by the caseback markings.) The only one I've found is on the Omega official archive pages and it has different hour markers (screen shot at the end.)

Do any of you guys know anything about this reference? It may be the wrong caseback and another reference completely of course, but any thoughts would be welcomed.

cheers
Dan

omega 2324 1.jpg omega 2324 2.jpg omega 2324 3.jpg

Screenshot 2024-07-03 at 15.15.23.png

It seems your watch matches perfectly with the Omega website. Omega did all kinds of dial variations for most of their watches and your dial might have had lumed numbers in which case they would have used lumed hands like yours. I love these 40’s arabic numeral dials.

Like 1
Omega used dozens of different dial styles on almost every reference in their catalog.

Looks to me like someone had the dial cleaned and the radium removed at some point. This was not uncommon, once the dangers of too much
exposure were known. Dial looks original otherwise.

Hope this helps.
gatorcpa

Like 2
There are many threads showing ref 2324 on this site.

Screen Shot 2024-07-03 at 10.28.39 AM.png

Omega used dozens of different dial styles on almost every reference in their catalog.

Looks to me like someone had the dial cleaned and the radium removed at some point. This was not uncommon, once the dangers of too much
exposure were known. Dial looks original otherwise.

Hope this helps.
gatorcpa
Thanks always great to hear your thoughts all information is much appreciated

There are many threads showing ref 2324 on this site.

Screen Shot 2024-07-03 at 10.28.39 AM.png
Thanks much appreciated - I did search and as you say there are numerous threads but so far nothing on this /9 variant of the 2324

It seems your watch matches perfectly with the Omega website. Omega did all kinds of dial variations for most of their watches and your dial might have had lumed numbers in which case they would have used lumed hands like yours. I love these 40’s arabic numeral dials.
Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts- I really appreciate any info or advice

Thanks much appreciated - I did search and as you say there are numerous threads but so far nothing on this /9 variant of the 2324
I see. I didn't realize you were specifically interested in finding one specific dial variant. Incidentally, the production run number doesn't necessarily have a one-to-one correlation with one particular dial. Sometimes yes, but not always IME. As noted already, there are many different dials, even perhaps within that production run, but I don't have any concerns about your watch at first glance.

I see. I didn't realize you were specifically interested in finding one specific dial variant. Incidentally, the production run number doesn't necessarily have a one-to-one correlation with one particular dial. Sometimes yes, but not always IME. As noted already, there are many different dials, even perhaps within that production run, but I don't have any concerns about your watch at first glance.
Thanks for your reply - yes it might be like searching for a needle in a haystack but I was wondering whether anyone might have had this variant 2324/9. Thanks for sharing your thoughts- as you say there are so many dial variants finding similar ones to compare may be tricky but if anyone knows it could be the knowledgeable Omega collectors and experts here!

Here is my /6, silver mirror figures and leaf hands.

Yes, lots of variants and unfortunately the non waterproof case was susceptible to moisture intrusion so many dials are aged/damaged.

IMG_3314.jpg IMG_3312.jpg

Here is my /6, silver mirror figures and leaf hands.

Yes, lots of variants and unfortunately the non waterproof case was susceptible to moisture intrusion so many dials are aged/damaged.

IMG_3314.jpg IMG_3312.jpg
@X350 XJR Thanks for posting the images of your /6 - that is very helpful for comparison, I don't think I've seen that variation of the 2324 before. As you say the snap back case does lead to corrosion on the dial, but I do really like these old Omegas. Baffling how many variations they made with this movement over 2-3 decades.