Omega red box restoration

Posts
3,431
Likes
35,079
Amazing! I confess to have jumped ahead to the end. I was looking forward to the results. Very impressive!
 
Posts
202
Likes
196
He’s great. Very much enjoy his channel. This was a highlight just for the box. Wondering now if something like this can be done with my 1990 grey box that is disintegrating.
 
Posts
907
Likes
3,818
Aside from the technical skills this guy has, his videos feel like meditation to me. I find myself in a very positive state after watching them.
 
Posts
16,305
Likes
45,025
I love this man’s videos. My wife introduced me to him a few years ago and it’s become a joint zen experience watching him work. I love his attitude and when his kids come into the shop it’s usually hilarious.
I do cringe when I see him take watches to his polishing wheel- but he does nice finish work and on most of the basket cases he’s restoring it’s absolutely an improvement.
 
Posts
1,414
Likes
759
I know some fools in Spain that say this kind of boxes should be trashed.
 
Posts
16,899
Likes
48,104
Basically a redialed box 🥱

Tin of red spray paint and a piece of sticky tape to cover the medallion. 👍

Not a box I would be that fussed in restoring…
 
Posts
7,773
Likes
14,363
6am on a Sunday morning and I'm watching an Omega box restoration video. Sick, I tell you, sick.
 
Posts
18,728
Likes
38,877
It's a bit like a car geek restoring a 1988 Trabant.

It can be done...but why would you?