Forums Latest Members
  1. pitpro Likes the game. Jul 12, 2019

There are no legitimate Broad Arrow Rancheros with 174xxxxxxxxx serials, imho.

2. Petervl Jul 12, 2019

I can not disagree and I never said there are eather. Just talked about the movement.

3. pitpro Likes the game. Jul 12, 2019

Would love to see a 2990 Extract with just Seamaster(163xxxxxxx to 176xxxxxxxxx) on it if you have one.(I have seen the FAP watches extract that have both Ranchero and Seamaster on them)
    Never seen one. Always looking to learn something new.

gemini4 likes this.
  4. Petervl Jul 12, 2019

No, I don´t have any. The ones I have asked for has come back as "Due to the nature of the archives in certain cases information has not survived, is unreadable or even missing". But I know there are some, i will see if i can get hold of a scan on one.

pitpro likes this.
  5. zebion Jul 17, 2019

Did anyone of you buy it?

6. Flip Apr 16, 2020

Have you seen this one ? 268 with Broad Arrow. Interestingly it is only 8 off the 268 archive serial you posted in this thread
    https://www.chrono24.com/omega/ranchero-seamaster-double-signed-fap-from-1961--id13784805.htm

Edited Apr 16, 2020
  7. pitpro Likes the game. Apr 16, 2020

Not sure the point you're making?
    1st, you're wrong, I DIDN"T post that watch or the archive.
    Someone else did and I was asked to comment on it.
    Someone beat me to outing the seller obviously buying a dial for it
    on ebay previously and swapping it in to the watch, the spots matched perfectly.
    So I don't see how that relates to some Franken watch seller putting a
    Ranchero dial into a 2990 case with a 268 movment 176xxxxxx serial and trying
    to pass it off as a legit Ranchero.
    It was a FAKE watch!
    These watches were made and sold 1958-59.
    The PAF watch you link to was delivered 1961, Special Military order.
    A custom batch made up for FAP, Different animal.

I'm actually surprised to see the double name on the FAP dial.
    Different paint on the Seamaster printing. Never saw that before.
    To be clear, not calling it wrong either. Has a legit look to me.
    The extract seems to confirm the double name as most all
    come back as Ranchero as I stated earlier.

8. Flip Apr 17, 2020

I think you misunderstood my post entirely
    You posted a picture of a Seamaster on an extract stating it was a Ranchero
    I merely highlighted this 268 Ranchero which happened to have a very close serial and as you say an unusual double signed FAP
    It’s the only one I’ve come across to date and looks to be spot on

9. Flip Apr 17, 2020

ie this post with the picture of a Seamaster on an archive for a 268 Ranchero

Whilst your here, this NOS example that you previously sold
    http://www.db1983.com/our-archive/omega-ranchero-ck-2990-nos-1959

Do you remember if it had a signed crystal? I don’t think you can tell from the photos.
    I am still on the fence on whether the crystals were originally factory signed for the 2990-1 Ranchero or not.
    My records show very few with signed crystals, the majority of those with the incorrect logo so at the moment this NOS example sets the benchmark
    Kind regards

10. pitpro Likes the game. Apr 17, 2020

You really shouldn't have quoted me commenting on the Fake
    if you wanted to talk about a different watch. ::facepalm1::

And that NOS Davidoff watch is not my watch. :confused:

11. Flip Apr 17, 2020

::shy::::shy::
    Sincere apologies I keep putting my foot in it ::shy::

pitpro likes this.
  12. gemini4 Hoarder Of Speed et alia Apr 17, 2020

And I thought @pitpro was the third Davidoff Brother::screwloose::

pitpro likes this.
  13. Flip Apr 17, 2020

I don’t know why but I thought @pitpro was Roy D ::shy:: .... That was my impression from the knowledge shown by him when reading many of his posts. Take it as a compliment ;)

14. gemini4 Hoarder Of Speed et alia Apr 17, 2020

As we are discussing Rancheros, it’s Roy D who should feel complimented. Pitpro is THE Ranchero goto guy around these parts. I now own a few Rancheros myself. Prior to my first purchase I, like many others, sent John the “Considering purchasing my first Ranchero” cry for help private message.

pitpro and Flip like this.
  15. Flip Apr 17, 2020

Well if I thought he had a sense of humour I’d tell you to tell him there’s a new Sheriff in town ::psy::

Joking apart, ( yes I have a sense of humour if you hadn’t guessed ) that’s great, I know a bit too and am always looking to add to that. I’m sure he is a great source of knowledge going by what I have read so far.
    I look forward to what I’m sure will be many educational posts from him and others on here and I’ll try not to upset you all too much ::stirthepot::

16. gemini4 Hoarder Of Speed et alia Apr 17, 2020

Welcome Sherifflip.
    Do you care to share some pics of your Ranchero collection

Flip likes this.
  17. pitpro Likes the game. Apr 17, 2020

::shy::

18. Flip Apr 17, 2020

Collection? I’d love to have the money to have a collection of Rancheros. I’m not a collector more a Ranchero researcher. :thumbsup:
    I’ve been fascinated by watches for roughly 45 years now when I received my first watch as a boy. My Dad worked at the local watchmakers and I was hooked. I’d lost count of the number of watches I’d had by the time I was out of my teens but my love affair with Omega started when my Dad got a 30t2 through a contact at the shop. I just loved (and still do) winding it and listening to the sound of the watch ticking. Anyway I did have a decent collection of watches in my 30’s, several Omegas, new and Vintage, Breitling, JLC and Rolex, several bubble backs and a rather nice c1970 5513 ( long since gone ::facepalm1::) until I got divorced ::censored::
    Since then funds haven’t really allowed indulgent purchases like before as a 2nd wife came along, then 2 boys and my priorities changed. Nowadays I only have 1 watch, but I love it. It’s aged, the dial has all but lost its original lume, the case isn’t as sharp as it once was due to years of wear ..... but it’s honest and it’s mine. I fell in love with the Ranchero when I saw one a few years ago and since getting mine I’ve tried to find out all I can about this beautiful reference from Omega

Edited May 19, 2020