Omega Railmaster (non-limited) - anybody pick one up?

Happy New Year from a new Forum Member! Thanks for welcoming me.

The NEW Omega Railmaster on the fabric strap or bracelet (220.12.40.20.01.001)...has anybody picked one up? If so, what do you like/not like about it? I've seen some reviews but and was curious about members thoughts on it.

From specs and reviews so far, I love the whole watch: spot on case size, vintage lume, cross hair dial, fabric strap, co-axial, etc...

It took Omega a long time to post it to their website (6-8 months after release at Basel) and was actually concerned that it was not going to be produced. My hypothesis is that they were focused on the re-edition Trilogy (makes sense) but to date, they still haven't really pushed the watch. Most people seemed to love it immediately but no real discussion on it for a while.

Let's discuss!

Happy New Year from a new Forum Member! Thanks for welcoming me.

The NEW Omega Railmaster on the fabric strap or bracelet (220.12.40.20.01.001)...has anybody picked one up? If so, what do you like/not like about it? I've seen some reviews but and was curious about members thoughts on it.

From specs and reviews so far, I love the whole watch: spot on case size, vintage lume, cross hair dial, fabric strap, co-axial, etc...

It took Omega a long time to post it to their website (6-8 months after release at Basel) and was actually concerned that it was not going to be produced. My hypothesis is that they were focused on the re-edition Trilogy (makes sense) but to date, they still haven't really pushed the watch. Most people seemed to love it immediately but no real discussion on it for a while.

Let's discuss!
Here on the OF many disliked the watch (Railmaster non LE) from the first Basel photos, others loved it...it was pretty much 50/50 I would say. Have not seen any posts on the OF from forum members who have purchased the watch.

On WUS it seems to have got a better evaluation overall. Tony Abbate has just posted some great photos on the WUS Railmaster non LE thread.

He seems pretty pleased with the watch. I do think the black dial looks better on a strap vs bracelet.

I have seen the non-LE and also the Railmaster 60th LE. I would choose the LE for a classier / dressier look and the non LE for a fun / casual look.

Here on the OF many disliked the watch (Railmaster non LE) from the first Basel photos, others loved it...it was pretty much 50/50 I would say. Have not seen any posts on the OF from forum members who have purchased the watch.

On WUS it seems to have got a better evaluation overall. Tony Abbate has just posted some great photos on the WUS Railmaster non LE thread.

He seems pretty pleased with the watch. I do think the black dial looks better on a strap vs bracelet.

I have seen the non-LE and also the Railmaster 60th LE. I would choose the LE for a classier / dressier look and the non LE for a fun / casual look.
I concur with Riviera it seems more sporty with sharp edges to me than the LE.

I personally love the look from pictures I’ve seen. I’m anxiously awaiting the arrival of one at my local AD so I can check it out in the metal.

Ultimately, I doubt I’ll end up picking one up because it serves a similar function as my 39mm Explorer 1.

I personally love the look from pictures I’ve seen. I’m anxiously awaiting the arrival of one at my local AD so I can check it out in the metal.

Ultimately, I doubt I’ll end up picking one up because it serves a similar function as my 39mm Explorer 1.

Make sure to take some pics if they will let you, it comes with a bracelet right?

Make sure to take some pics if they will let you, it comes with a bracelet right?

Pretty sure you can order it with our without the bracelet.

Pretty sure you can order it with our without the bracelet.
That's probably true enough the one watch I have bought came as I wanted it, for some reason I read your first post as if one is showing up soon that you know of.

Yeah I see that now, which would you prefer? I think the black dial with leather strap is the way to go.

I love the Fabric 2-piece strap with the herringbone pattern although I prefer to have both!

I have seen all versions of the Railmaster non-LE and the 60th LE in OBs outside of my country of residence.

If I were to purchase a black dial Railmaster non-LE or LE, I would wear it on a brown or fabric strap. With the fauxtina both 60th LE and non-LE Railmasters have a much warmer look than the modern, monochromatic Explorer (1), which looks superb on the oyster bracelet (I own the the Basel 2016 MK 2 version). I think all versions of the Railmaster can fill a casual-elegance slot in any collection and would not clash with the Explorer.

Right now I am leaning to the 60th LE although I am curious to see the silver dial non-LE with the black dial herring-bone strap.

My local Rio OB does not have any of the non-LE versions. So, if any of you on the OF do get a chance to see the black and silver dial non-LE versions in the coming days...please, pretty please do ask the OB/AD sales person to try out the herring-bone strap on the silver dial and do take some pictures...I think that combo might look very funky indeed😀

Right now I am leaning to the 60th LE although I am curious to see the silver dial non-LE with the black dial herring-bone strap.

If the herringbone strap was 19mm, I'd have ordered one for my RMLE. Hope somebody tries that nice strap on the RMLE and posts pics here.

A request of anyone with a new non-LE Railmaster who also happen to own a Speedy Pro...would you mind attempting to affix your RM bracelet to your Speedy and report on the results? Thanks!

I'd love to see some silver dial wrist shots!

Thanks for sharing the wrist shots, looks way better than the marketing pictures! Really digging it on a leather strap.