Omega RAF 2777-4 - hands relumed?

Posts
529
Likes
818
Hi everyone,
I came across this watch this morning. After comparing it to other pictures posted in threads across the forum, my main question is about the hands. The seller says the whole watch is untouched, but compared to the rest of the dial it seems even a different type of lume. Furthermore, any other red flags?

Sorry for the quality of the pictures, it's on auction and cannot message the seller.
 
Posts
2,677
Likes
3,151
You could ask for a video where the seller shines light onto the dial, then moves the watch to a dark area, the bright hands will indicate relume as old lume doesn't work any more
 
Posts
529
Likes
818
You could ask for a video where the seller shines light onto the dial, then moves the watch to a dark area, the bright hands will indicate relume as old lume doesn't work any more

for this specific auction site, you cannot communicate with the seller ahead of the sale - so it would be a bit of a risk
 
Posts
8,245
Likes
29,122
Dial looks very nice, but yes, the hands were clearly relumed
 
Posts
13,514
Likes
23,450
Radium does not age to that colour so yea hands are relumed.
 
Posts
609
Likes
788
Original Thin Arrow 2777, with radium dial. Rare. But hands relumed.
 
Posts
3,646
Likes
7,749
center seconds hand might have been replaced too. just a feeling it does not belong there

it might be correct but looks as if it was re-painted incorrectly
Edited:
 
Posts
6,676
Likes
11,620
These original TAs are hard to find with a decent dial that relumed hands are a minor consideration when it comes to deciding whether to buy the watch or not.
 
Posts
529
Likes
818
Thanks everyone for the expert opinions. I decided to bid and won the auction!
The ad said it was never serviced or restored- which from the looks is not true. Still, I might bring it in for a service. Would you need specific expertise for these watches? I live in Barcelona, and typically go to Javier aka doctor_clock _bcn.
 
Posts
661
Likes
1,632
I saw this one on Catawiki auction site as well, congrats.
 
Posts
661
Likes
1,632
I’m not an expert on these and don’t know today’s value. What are these worth nowadays?
 
Posts
2,013
Likes
7,177
I’m not an expert on these and don’t know today’s value. What are these worth nowadays?
A lot more than EUR 3,000.
 
Posts
529
Likes
818
Having looked at other posts and websites, I think the price range is quite wide, probably due to the scarcity of the watch. Happy to hear my bid was on the good end, but regardless of that, looking forward to start wearing it. If anybody has good recommendations on watchmakers in Spain or the Netherlands to have it serviced, or potentially replace the lume of the hands, that would be great!
Edited:
 
Posts
13,514
Likes
23,450
I’d think long and hard before you go ahead and relume that dial. It will significantly impact the e originally and value.