Forums Latest Members

Omega Pocket Watch Help, Presidential Presentation Watch

1. Brett V Dec 2, 2014

Hi, new to this forum, I have had this Omega presentation pocket watch in my family for over 20 years and was hoping some one could shed some light on it for me. It is a rather large pocket watch (about a 20 size if it were American) and has a solid 14k case with the finest engraving I have seen on any watch. The front has a scene of Bern, Switzerland, and central hall. The watch was presented to the president of central hall of Bern (Fur Eroffnung) January 20, 1922. Watch is flawless and runs perfect, unmarked 15j (i think) Omega movement. If anyone can give me some more info on this watch it would be greatly appreciated, Especially on who the watch was given to and if the person is of any significance. I would like to sell the watch but I am having a hard time figuring out what I should ask. There are many variables (solid gold case, mint condition, super fine engraving, possible historical value, etc).

IMG_6886.JPG IMG_6887.JPG IMG_6888.JPG IMG_6889.JPG IMG_6890.JPG IMG_6891.JPG
  2. Tire-comedon First Globemaster Dec 3, 2014

Superb engraving on the case. Any picture of the caloiber?

3. Brett V Dec 4, 2014

Sorry, didn't realize I didn't load any photos of the movement, here's a couple

IMG_6892.JPG IMG_6893.JPG
  4. Mark020 not the sharpest pencil in the ΩF drawer Dec 4, 2014

Interesting. Nothing to be found on the Zentralhalle strangely enough.

5. Brett V Dec 5, 2014

I also noticed it says Zentralhalle twice, but if you look closely on engraving it says Centralhalle on building. Also strange. This watch will be forever a mystery.

6. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 6, 2014

An extract might help answer some questions