Forums Latest Members
  1. Serapio Feb 10, 2018

Good morning, I'm looking for the lift angle of the Omega 40.6L T2 15P caliber, from 1930, and there's no way to find it. I need this information to check the amplitude. Please, if you have a table and you can check it out.
    Thank you.

OMEGA 1930.jpg
  2. ChrisN Feb 10, 2018

As you've removed the balance and fork, I'll assume you have some knowledge. If you're on the edge of what you know, be very careful.

You can calculate the lift angle with your timing machine:
    Refit everything.
    Put a red dot on the balance wheel close to it's outer circumference.
    Turn the crown a few clicks and the movement will start.
    Watch the red dot (you'll see two) and keep adding one click of the crown at a time until you see the two dots merge.
    Now your balance is swinging 180 degrees in each direction.
    Adjust the lift angle on your timing machine until it also shows 180 degrees.
    That is your lift angle.

Regards, Chris

micampe, Alpha, Archer and 1 other person like this.
  3. Serapio Feb 10, 2018

I understand. Thank you.

4. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Feb 10, 2018

Thanks for saving me some typing Chris. :thumbsup:

Just as an alternate method of determining when the balance is at 180, I've found the slow motion video on my iPhone to be very useful for this purpose. Saves having to add any dots around the balance, and more importantly removing them after.

Cheers, Al

5. ChrisN Feb 10, 2018

I shall try that, Al and see what I can do with Android. I forget that not everyone will be able to remove the dot afterwards.

I have a Minerva 19/9CH monopusher in at the moment (don't ask...) with unknown Lift Angle so, will make a test with that. Looks very nice to be honest:thumbsup: and a bit different.

Cheers, Chris