Forums Latest Members

Omega PO 8900 Blue vs. Omega PO 8500 Orange Bezel

1. anujkapur108 Jun 27, 2018

Hey guys,

Need some help here deciding between these two watches. I already have the Omega Planet Ocean 8500 Orange Bezel on the Hirsch band. I do not wear a lot of black and just think it stands out a bit and doesn't gel together with my outfits (wear mostly blue suits or blue jeans). The orange just really appealed to me at the time of purchase - now I'm kind of regretting it.

In my collection, I have a breitling navitimer (black face on polished steel) and am adding a rolex hulk very soon. I will be adding a dress watch in the near future as well - the IWC Portuguese (white dial, gold numerals, brown band).

I am considering selling the orange bezel omega and getting the omega planet ocean 8900 blue dial on the blue alligator strap. I do like the orange and think it screams omega. But I think the blue omega might work better as an every day watch. What are ya'lls thoughts?

Here's a pic of what I have:
    [​IMG]

Here's what I am thinking to get instead:

[​IMG]

2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jun 27, 2018

Personal preference. I’ve got an Orange 45.5 3313 Chrono... I love it as it’s bold but not over the top, loud but not obnoxious. Then again I’ve got 3 more chronos and a diver to swap it out with. I go through phases and thought about selling it... but once summer comes around it’s the perfect big watch to wear to out door events.

I’ve thought about getting a 2500 42mm PO white numbers black bezel as it’s a stunning watch but not to replace the Orange one.

If you don’t like wearing it then get the blue and take the loss. Keep in mind anywhere you can rock the hulk you can wear the PO for the most part.

anujkapur108 likes this.
  3. larryganz The cable guy Jun 27, 2018

Do what makes you happiest. In my case, the switch would not be worth taking the loss on the orange one, but I like orange bezel Planet Oceans.

If you want blue and liked the orange, I'd consider a Tudor Black Bay Blue from DavidSW with warranty card at a big discount (or for a little more money the blue SMPc from chitownwatch), and keep the Orange one. The cash out of pocket to add a cheaper blue watch would be similar to that if you the sold the Orange at a loss to buy the Blue, but you'd have two watches vs the one blue Planet Ocean.

But since you don't like the orange anymore, the blue Planet Ocean 8900 might make more sense.

4. Titleistfan Jun 28, 2018

I cheaper option may to swap the bezel out for the black ceramic one and possibly change the strap to tone down the orange bit. This way you still get a little of the Omega orange in a more discrete look.

5. anujkapur108 Jul 1, 2018

Thank you everyone! Titleistfan - that is an awesome idea. I think ill do that

6. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 1, 2018

I have both (actually an orange 2500 and a blue titanium 8500) and find both work equally well with a tilt with the orange near/on water and the blue for land/woods and mountains.
    both are on omega mesh with the seatbelt buckle (light and compact)

0703.jpg
    Foo2rama likes this.