Forums Latest Members
  1. Rasputin The Mad Monk of OF Jul 14, 2017

My understanding is that the lefty and righty Ploprofs are essentially the same watch with the dial rotated 180 degrees as the dial feet are spaced 180 degrees across. The only difference being each utilizes a different date wheel. Am I correct on this?

Anyone know what date wheel is used in the right hand (crown at 9) vs left hand version (crown at 3) for Caliber 1002 movement?

2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jul 14, 2017

Yes, the only difference is the date wheel I can confirm that.

You need it as when you flip the dial the date wheel no longer lines up.

It's an omega part number should be easy to google. I know it's been posted on the forums before.

3. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Jul 14, 2017

Mine was a left hand when I bought it a couple years back. I purchased a date wheel from the member formally known as @Ash and now called @Dash1 You can reach out, he sells tons of Omega stuff on eBay.

I ordered an abstract as I wanted assurance that the movement was actually assigned to a ploprof. I understand that the proprof never left the omega factory as a left hand watch and one concern was that the movement may not be original to the watch as there could very much be the possibility that the ones converted to left hand were done so due to a movement swap. In my case, the movement was correct to the case. :)

RawArcher and Rasputin like this.
  4. Rasputin The Mad Monk of OF Jul 15, 2017

I read the difference between the lefty vs righty date wheel has to do with position of the date relative to the date numbers. Did the righty date wheel (i.e. crown at 9) have the teeth positioned between the numbers or am I off?