Forums Latest Members
  1. monochromatic Jul 8, 2016

Hi,

Just wanted to get your opinion on the condition of this Pie Pan and what a fair price for it would be?

The dial looks a bit dirty but the movement is still great.

There is also a small scratch/stain on the dial by the "4" hour marker.

Thanks.

IMG_9478.JPG IMG_9479.JPG IMG_9480.JPG IMG_9481.JPG IMG_9478.JPG IMG_9479.JPG IMG_9480.JPG IMG_9481.JPG IMG_9482.JPG
  2. cristos71 Jul 8, 2016

The first thing I always look at on these 1960´s dogleg lug Constellations are the dog legs. On your example they are very polished, with the sharp defined edging completely gone. This is what gives this reference its character so that is not a good start.

The dial is black, which is good, but very aged and also damaged, which is not so good. It´s very hard to tell from the pictures the true colour and whether or not it is an even colour or mottled, but either way I don´t find it so attractive.

Likewise the hands, and to some extent, the indices look dull and slightly corroded. It looks like at some point there has been moisture inside the watch.

I am totally not technical, so can´t comment much on the movement only to say that based on the condition of the watch it will probably need a service if it hasn´t just had one.

For me I would pass, I don´t even see it as a parts watch as there is nothing there at all in good enough shape to warrant purchase.

3. fjf Jul 8, 2016

I agree. the pics are taken to hide the scratch. I would ask for a higher resolution, full flat face to see better the dial. Otherwise, it all depends on:

1-Do you like it as it is?
    2-What's the price?

If they want an arm and a kidney, run. If it is cheap and you like it as a wearer, then go for it, knowing the problems with the case and dial.

4. monochromatic Jul 8, 2016

The price is at about USD 850.

5. cristos71 Jul 8, 2016

IMHO that´s about 450 too much for that watch

6. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Jul 8, 2016

+1 from me
    nice BOR but stretched
    dial looks correct but 'patina' to dial and damage would put me off

7. cristos71 Jul 8, 2016

I never find these BOR bracelets so well fitting on the Constellations, the endlinks always look too loose and a bit scruffy to me. This one being no exception.

8. kyle L Grasshopper Staff Member Jul 8, 2016

A couple hundred dollars too high in my opinion - there are worse deals out there though.

9. mactab Jul 12, 2016

Im looking for a black connie but it certainly wouldn't be this one. Eventually one will appear that jumps out from all the undesirables (I hope)