Forums Latest Members
  1. SACornhusker Jan 31, 2017

Greeting all from fabulous Las Vegas, NV. I am an Omega newbie and looking to purchase my very first Omega in the very near future. I have decided on the Aqua Terra Day-Date 231.10.42.22.03.001. Exploring online options like chrono24. Any guidance from Omega guru's would be appreciated.

2. SeanO Feb 1, 2017

chrono24 is likely to leave you a pauper.

you're probably better off perusing the FS forum here and contacting one of our reputable "enablers".

3. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Feb 1, 2017

I agree, there is much less risk buying from recommended members here.

Some that come to mind are @Serge (Chitown Watch), @Kringkily and many others who stand by their goods and their reputation.

And welcome to the forum and let's see some watch shots when you have your new baby.

4. repoman Feb 1, 2017

welcome. Enjoy your journey. You will end up poor, but very happy, like the rest of us. Omega's are like pringles, I dare you to eat just one.

dxholdren likes this.
  5. Lukeeesteve Feb 1, 2017

Totally agree here. I've been on the hunt recently for one of my (non omega) grails and made what I thought was a fair (on the high side) offer for a watch. This was based on internet research and speaking with some current owners on current FMV.

The guy seemed to have taken offense to my offer quoting antiquorum as a reference point.

Oh well. My hunt continues.

6. SACornhusker Feb 7, 2017

thank you all for the insight. i go back and forth honestly between the Rolex GMT (black/red - coke) bezel and the day date aqua terra.

7. nonuffinkbloke #1 Nigel Mansell Fan Feb 7, 2017

Hello mate. What a lovely choice you have. Just googled both watches. I only own one watch and I confess to being an unashamed Speedmaster fan, but there is something about that Omega Seamaster that is so beautifully understated.
    My non-expert gut instinct is that the Rolex is a very striking and impressive watch, but it aint cool and classy in the way the Aqua Terra is.

8. U5512 Feb 7, 2017

Hello and welcome! My AT says hello to your future AT Day-Date.
    [​IMG]

SACornhusker and Jwit like this.
  9. sengvin thinks there's free cheese on a mouse trap Mar 24, 2017

Hi I just got mine 2 weeks ago , it changes the day and date in a snap at 12:00:20
    [​IMG]

dxholdren and SACornhusker like this.