Forums Latest Members

Omega new mesh bracelet confusion...

1. M'Bob Jan 25, 2015

Okay, please let me know if I have some/any of this correct:

1) The old "SharK" mesh bracelets have loops that go around the spring bars; the new ones have a tube.

2) The new mesh model actually has tubes at all four ends; two ends go into a new deployant clasp.

3) The new models come in three sizes: 20, 21, 22, 24? And they are all 20mm at the point where they attach to the clasp.

4) They are available only at the boutiques, or elsewhere as well?

5) Now the tough one: If one has a smaller wrist, and the adjustment on the clasp is as short as possible, and it's still not tight enough, most bracelets allow the user to remove links. If the new mesh bracelet can't be made small enough using the clasp adjustment, does one have to cut the mesh, and re-weld it? It appears that if this problem appeared with the old style mesh, you could just cut the links to suit.

Many thanks,

M'Bob

2. Nactex Jan 26, 2015

The originals have removable links. There was one on ebay recently that had after market mesh w/o the removable links, is that the one you have? This shows the removable links.

[​IMG]

M'Bob likes this.
  3. M'Bob Jan 26, 2015

Hi,

Thanks for the pic and response. Yes, this is the new bracelet I was referring to. Tube over the lugs, removable links, deployant bracelet. Is this your watch? Is it comfortable, easy to adjust?

Regards,

M'Bob

4. Nactex Jan 26, 2015

Yes this is my watch. It was a little heavy at first, but now it is very comfortable and the push clasp is a dream to adjust. The links are another story. They are like the older style bracelets with pins and collars. I bought this from the original owner with the loose extra links included. I thought I could just find the correct ones online, but that was not the case. The nearest Boutique was 3 hours away and they did not have any. I took it in and they removed pins and collars from another bracelet to add the links and get the perfect fit for me. The original owner that I bought it from removed the extra links to make it smaller for his wrist, but in the process, bent them so badly he discarded them. You can probably remove the links to make it smaller, but it might be easier to take it in and have Omega size it.

M'Bob likes this.
  5. Nactex Jan 26, 2015

If you do decide to do this yourself, take your time, be methodical, and do not rush it. The repair man at the boutique took about an hour to add the 4 links.

M'Bob likes this.
  6. M'Bob Jan 27, 2015

Do you know if the pins in the adjustable links come out with one of those tools that simply push it out from one side? And do you change the length with a pin again, or with a screw?

Thanks again.

7. Nactex Jan 27, 2015

The original owner bent all of the pins when he shortened the bracelet by removing the links. The repair man at the boutique used an pin tool and a small hammer to remove and insert the pins. There are no screws involved, but there are collars in the center part of each link. I can PM my phone number if you are in the US. I am sure you can use one of those screw in tools to remove the pins or at least start them. I think they are pins that come out and go in from either side since there are no arrows. I hope that helps.

M'Bob likes this.
  8. M'Bob Jan 27, 2015

Thank you - this has been extremely helpful and it's much appreciated.

Best,

Bob

9. Nactex Jan 27, 2015

Glad I could help.