omega movement 684 needed for my baby 120

Posts
92
Likes
27
I have this adorable little baby 120 with date sadly with water damage , need the movement 684 to make her happy again 😄 I had a ladymatic watch with this movement long ago and gave it to my daughter, but would be a sin to dismantle that one wonderful watch that she enjoys , any ideas from you guys will be greatly appreciated , thank you , good day , kazd
 
Posts
3,596
Likes
7,809
Maybe slow down a bit and read rules regarding WTB posts

 
Posts
92
Likes
27
Maybe slow down a bit and read rules regarding WTB posts

Hello I’m little confused s as bout what you writing , idea what this WTB means , I’m not advertising or soliciting any sales I’m collector not seller , my posts consists of questions of authenticity and advise on parts sourcing and advice how to fix a butchered case back , anything wrong with this ,, ??, please clarify what’s the issue here as I really started to enjoy the engagement with members here, is there limit on posting ?? good day ,kazd
 
Posts
3,596
Likes
7,809
No limit on posting, but asking about parts you are looking for is a Want to Buy post and is restricted until you have 200 meaningful posts. Its all explained in the rules section.
 
Posts
917
Likes
4,950
Kazd I hope this helps: A minimum post count of 200 posts is required to post in any of the sales or WTB forums. These are expected to be normal contributing posts, attempts at "post farming" will get the offender banned.
 
Posts
92
Likes
27
No limit on posting, but asking about parts you are looking for is a Want to Buy post and is restricted until you have 200 meaningful posts. Its all explained in the rules section.
Ok I just contacted trev to clarify this , and where do you see me asking to buy parts only where go to find movement 684 , I was enjoying this till now , good day to you, kazd
 
Posts
92
Likes
27
Kazd I hope this helps: A minimum post count of 200 posts is required to post in any of the sales or WTB forums. These are expected to be normal contributing posts, attempts at "post farming" will get the offender banned.
ok thanks what is post farming what I’m I doing wrong here, I was enjoying this till now , please help me to understand , thank you , kazd, and so now I get the impression that my posts are not meaningful , then what makes it meaningful , thanks again , good day ,kazd
 
Posts
917
Likes
4,950
ok thanks what is post farming what I’m I doing wrong here, I was enjoying this till now , please help me to understand , thank you , kazd, and so now I get the impression that my posts are not meaningful , then what makes it meaningful , thanks again , good day ,kazd
I stated the rules since you asked for clarification. (Only you can answer whether you are post farming or not.)
 
Posts
204
Likes
201
@kazd You just need to be mindful about wording used to inquire for help looking for parts as there are rules about WTB (Want To Buy) posts. In your case, I took it as trying to get some advice on how to find movements, but it can be interpreted as a WTB.

To answer your question:
Use this resource to find the PDF data sheets on the calibers and find out which parts overlap from different version of the base movements. Search Omega 684, 683, 680, 685.
https://www.cousinsuk.com/document

Then go on eBay and search for "Omega 684", "Omega 684 movement", etc..




As for "Post Farming", this is more nuanced and ultimately subjective. It is going to be a combination of how much you are posting, and what you are posting. If you are making 5 or 6 new posts in one day, and some of repeating information from each other, it beings to become spam-like, and can be read as "post farming"

Sounds like you have great enthusiasm for Omega Watches, so don't loose it while getting to know the Forum and its rules. Try to pace out your new Posts.
 
Posts
92
Likes
27
@kazd You just need to be mindful about wording used to inquire for help looking for parts as there are rules about WTB (Want To Buy) posts. In your case, I took it as trying to get some advice on how to find movements, but it can be interpreted as a WTB.

To answer your question:
Use this resource to find the PDF data sheets on the calibers and find out which parts overlap from different version of the base movements. Search Omega 684, 683, 680, 685.
https://www.cousinsuk.com/document

Then go on eBay and search for "Omega 684", "Omega 684 movement", etc..




As for "Post Farming", this is more nuanced and ultimately subjective. It is going to be a combination of how much you are posting, and what you are posting. If you are making 5 or 6 new posts in one day, and some of repeating information from each other, it beings to become spam-like, and can be read as "post farming"

Sounds like you have great enthusiasm for Omega Watches, so don't loose it while getting to know the Forum and its rules. Try to pace out your new Posts.
Thank you so much for this valuable information and explanation completely understand , I’ll comply to all the rules no doubt , thank you and yes the wording is the key , so I’ll just take to eBay or other sites for my need without getting in trouble haha, and I’ll just lay low with the posting even if I have much more to show and ask, thank you you again , love this forum so much intelligence and knowledge here, have a great day ,kazd
 
Posts
2,605
Likes
2,787
I think I have a 68x movement in my spares drawer, though I don't recall if I serviced it (I bought it as spares, but don't think I did it). I found it on Ebay at the time, they end up being pretty reasonable.

OR, when you hit 200 posts, put up a WTB ad, maybe someone would be willing to help you out!
 
Posts
92
Likes
27
I think I have a 68x movement in my spares drawer, though I don't recall if I serviced it (I bought it as spares, but don't think I did it). I found it on Ebay at the time, they end up being pretty reasonable.

OR, when you hit 200 posts, put up a WTB ad, maybe someone would be willing to help you out!
thank you , yes slowly I have to get to the point that I can utilize the WTB , thanks , actually I have this project waiting for like 10 years , it is completely a my fault with this damage hehe , don’t ask how 😕🙃 and then I was looking for movement on eBay but all I could find was whole watches so I got omega seamaster a little tiny watch in perfect condition, it was so cute that I hesitated and procrastinated on taking apart , finally i just gave it to my daughter , she was amazed that it’s possible to make such a tiny think a automatic one, so this is my story, good day and thanks again ,kazd
 
Posts
2,605
Likes
2,787
Mines a 684 actually! Split stem, so I can't wind it to test it, but IIRC I bought it to steal parts off of, but only ended up taking case parts. Sadly, my wife doesn't wear the salmon version of this, but it is at least in her jewelry box 😁 IIRC, this one ran reasonably, but needed a service, and I don't think I ended up doing this one.

IF you're in Oregon, you're welcome to come get it, else keep hanging out/being a respectful member and we can work something out when you post a WTB.

 
Posts
92
Likes
27
Mines a 684 actually! Split stem, so I can't wind it to test it, but IIRC I bought it to steal parts off of, but only ended up taking case parts. Sadly, my wife doesn't wear the salmon version of this, but it is at least in her jewelry box 😁 IIRC, this one ran reasonably, but needed a service, and I don't think I ended up doing this one.

IF you're in Oregon, you're welcome to come get it, else keep hanging out/being a respectful member and we can work something out when you post a WTB.

Ah thank you thank you that would be awesome I’m in Jersey haha and sounds terrific I’ll just behave here patiently and when I get to the proper level would be amazing to resurrect this piece , thanks will be in touch kazd
 
Posts
2,990
Likes
4,747
The nice thing about the 18mm movements is they share some base compontents. There are a lot of scrapped 620 movements on the bay. Granted the 684 which was top of the line may not share the same 'grade' of parts. The main thing to watch out for is the balance frequency rate. How many beats per second, which is usually 5. which as I recall without looking it up is like 18,000. High beat is 20,000 or so. So some times one can take a balance from a more common movement and get a nice automatic date movement to tick. The caliber to keep an eye out is 630 which is the time only sweep version without the automatic stack. Those are truly rare. These are the same build quality as the 55x and the 56x just stacked rather than thin. 67x is like the 55x and 68x is like the 56x. Takes a lot of research, hunting for old service documents etc. Many rabbit holes to explore. There are also 625/635 which are later 1970s era and more like the 1010 or 1012 calibers which were produced with cost saving automation, and not as 'enthusiast' repair friendly.
 
Posts
92
Likes
27
The nice thing about the 18mm movements is they share some base compontents. There are a lot of scrapped 620 movements on the bay. Granted the 684 which was top of the line may not share the same 'grade' of parts. The main thing to watch out for is the balance frequency rate. How many beats per second, which is usually 5. which as I recall without looking it up is like 18,000. High beat is 20,000 or so. So some times one can take a balance from a more common movement and get a nice automatic date movement to tick. The caliber to keep an eye out is 630 which is the time only sweep version without the automatic stack. Those are truly rare. These are the same build quality as the 55x and the 56x just stacked rather than thin. 67x is like the 55x and 68x is like the 56x. Takes a lot of research, hunting for old service documents etc. Many rabbit holes to explore. There are also 625/635 which are later 1970s era and more like the 1010 or 1012 calibers which were produced with cost saving automation, and not as 'enthusiast' repair friendly.
ah thank you looks like I have lot to learn 😊you guys are incredible , so far I was concentrating mostly on collecting but have some projects now , will have to do some reading and researching , thank you much, kazd
 
Posts
6,821
Likes
10,637
Please dont quote posts directly above… @kazd