Forums Latest Members
  1. kimchismell Aug 2, 2015

Good day all. I continue to see Omegas with painted dials listed as military watches. I can't find them in the vintage catalogue with painted dials. What should I look for to identify fakes or redials?

2. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Aug 2, 2015

Two things:

1. Even though there were not that many vintage omegas that were military issue (relative to the size of the company) the complete information on these models is still enough to fill a book.

2. The vast majority (>90%) of "military" omega watches on eBay and similar sales sources have NO military link whatsoever - these watches are at best parts watches but several are outright fakes.

SpikiSpikester and Mad Dog like this.
  3. sohail Aug 3, 2015

I agree with MSN, genuine omega military watches are the ones which can be verified by the omega archives. A watch having a black dial with radium markers does not mean that it's a military issued watch

4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 3, 2015

Unless you're specifically into collecting military watches I'd steer clear of them for the reasons stated above, things like a RAF53 are actually quite expensive for the kind of watch they are unless you specifically care about the military history.

As Mike said, the vast, vast majority of "military" on eBay is nonsense.

Mad Dog likes this.
  5. Pvt-Public Aug 3, 2015

From the bay advertised as a military watch
    junk 4992.PNG

Just about as military as this,

Red Ryder.jpg

Although the watch was a 4992B PW Before it was horrifically bastardized.

rollingrevolver, aap and Mad Dog like this.
  6. calalum Aug 3, 2015

That watch just needs a Mickey Mouse picture inserted to complete the package.

rollingrevolver and Mad Dog like this.
  7. kimchismell Aug 3, 2015

Thank you everyone