Forums Latest Members
  1. gazzelle80smipar Aug 4, 2016

Hi, good afternoon to all, and thank you for opportunity. I bought from a collector an omega identic of the lemania Sweden air forces and also similar to breitling 817. The seller told me the folks that was gived him from an officer of army in the 90’. Officer said that this omega, with other watch of different brands, was proposed for supply Italian army but omega was not choosed. It remained him and he sold it in 90’. The folk have some of interesting because case is signed 817 and movement is 32xxxxxx from 1970 correctly. Is exactly the same of lemania Sweden air force or south African air force, only the movement is a omega 860. Please what do you think about!? Thank you for your patiente and kindly.
    Davide

2. froezenite Aug 4, 2016

I'm not exactly sure what it is you want people to tell you about the watch. Are you asking if its original? Do you want to know more about the history? Regardless, we need photos of the watch from different angles, and if possible, photos of the movement as well.
    Try to get photos of the crown side of the case, dial, and caseback (both inside and out).
    Only open the watch if you know what you are doing.
    While you are at it, set yourself an avatar.
    If you do these things you will most likely get a much more helpful reply.
    Sorry I couldn't be of more use.
    -SWK

3. gazzelle80smipar Aug 4, 2016

Thank you so much for your answer, I ask if someone think if this story can be true, for the autenticity of the watch I think that with an extract of Omega can make light on the question. This evening I will make good pics and tomorrow I will post it. thank you for answer

military.jpg
  4. watchlovr Aug 4, 2016

I've never seen this model before anyway.
    More photos required I think.

5. froezenite Aug 4, 2016

Agreed.
    I've never seen one of these with an Omega signed dial.
    I'm not suggesting it's fake/redone dial. I don't have enough knowledge for that but I hope we get to see the inside caseback.

6. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Aug 4, 2016

rare model; fake dial. kind regards. achim

Darlinboy and froezenite like this.
  7. gazzelle80smipar Aug 4, 2016

thank you, tomorrow I will acclose decent pic of dial these are of movement and back military3.jpg military2.jpg

8. gazzelle80smipar Aug 4, 2016

for dial it sounds me good! tomorrow I send more accurated pics thanks

9. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Aug 4, 2016

this watch is the Tissot model, converted to an Omega with the mvmt. bridge. easy to do. the back inside is not stamped Omega. therefore most likely the Tissot version. kind regards. achim

Foo2rama and marturx like this.
  10. gazzelle80smipar Aug 4, 2016

thank you for your opinion, but tissot models used lemania caliber with tissot bridge not omega 860 and the movement was white not copper. Also lemania for swaf used white lemania movement 1872. this is a copper Omega 860 caliber (signed)
    regards

11. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Aug 4, 2016

yes, easy to find. it fits without a problem; is the same mvmt. as rhodium plated lemania. kind regards. achim

12. LarryG not KennyG, not OG, just LarryG Aug 4, 2016

I would, if I were you, accept Achim's advice- expertise- on this one.

Foo2rama, Syrte, shane0mack and 2 others like this.
  13. shane0mack Aug 4, 2016

[​IMG]

One of these guys. Cool watch -- would love to have one.

GregH likes this.
  14. gazzelle80smipar Aug 5, 2016

thank all for answer, I'm 55yo and 28 that I collect not only omega, I made school of watchmaker for fun and for understand watches. I had i my hands a lot of type of vintage watches ... 10-15 years ago omega brands was not so expensive to buy . Some particular watches, that now sounds "fake", was made out of catalogue in the years 70' when the most important brands was near to failure, in effect some of this failed, and fight to stay on market selling any type of product. When I find a new watch, I look it with watchmaker eye and only after I look catalogue. This is first time that I write in a forum ... I think that is possible learn from any consideration, and i hope to find the man who is capable to redone a dial like this
    thanks and respect

20160805_074513.jpg 20160805_074435.jpg
  15. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Aug 5, 2016

Not exactly like the Swedish "Viggen" in that the Viggen has a unique bezel - differing from this one. As has already been said the movement is not that difficult to source and getting a Tissot Navigator 817 is just semi-difficult.

BUT - I do agree on that dial actually being very original looking, even in the flaws and blobs of the tritium arabic numbers.

Stranger things has happened. I have held in my hand 817 dials (a small batch) with a brand name, I dare to say, that no one here have ever seen or heard of. The provenience of that batch is undisputed. Comes directly from the Swedish agent that delivered to the Swedish airforce and bears the agents name.

GuiltyBoomerang and GregH like this.
  16. gazzelle80smipar Aug 5, 2016

thank for answer, seller, that bought this omega a lot of years ago, said me that watch come from an auction for supply italian air force. in effect Italian Helicopterist was supplied with breitling 817 that have similar type of case and identic number of identification 817. also lemania SWAF have same number of case 817. now i will ask an extract to Omega with number of movement and will see news!
    regards

17. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Aug 5, 2016

The 817 number is very probably the number casemaker EPSA (Ervin Piqueres S.A.) designatet for this design. There are Tissots, Lemanias, Chonograph Swiss, Wakmann, Benytone, etc., etc. with the same case and number. The 817 does not help you at all. Let us hope Omega recognizes the movement number and that your extract will be of use (they do not always contain the info that is crucial). Good luck - and please let us know the outcome.

JimInOz likes this.
  18. gazzelle80smipar Aug 5, 2016

Hi thank you so much for your answer and competence, I asked to Omega factory extract and I hope in a good result!
    I will inform forum about
    ... I acclose one of my last watches, I asked extract to omega factories and they answer that dont have records for this period ... maybe is a fake watch also this!
    have all a nice holydays.

33.3.jpg
    toddle321, juju, Vitezi and 3 others like this.
  19. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Aug 5, 2016

no, the last one is a very nice original. and if you have a look inside the case back stamping, I will be Omega stamped.
    your first one is not stamped inside the case back, as it should ........and if you need a good dial restorer in Europe, there are at least 2 companies, who can convert this Tissot dial into an Omega dial. Google Causemann for example. this is an easy dial, as you can see. the Omega font and writing is easy to do. the rest is using existing fonts. enjoy it anyway. kind regards.

marturx likes this.
  20. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Aug 5, 2016