Forums Latest Members
  1. conder Aug 2, 2015

What. Do members think about the omega marriage watches being sold on ebay. Wonderful use of an old omega movement that otherwise may never again see the light of day or a cynical ploy to to relieve omega lovers of thier hard earned cash.

2. lillatroll Aug 2, 2015

I think honesty is the key here, if sellers are upfront about it and are clear as to what they are selling and it is reflected in the price then I personally think its ok, having said that, I would not buy one because its not original, I am not even fond of straps that are inncorrect for the watch to be honest. When people mis represent what they are selling the watch gods should poke them in the eye with a blunt knife.

3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 2, 2015

Cynical ploy, you're talking a Chinese case worth $1 with a movement worth next to nothing that they charge many hundreds, or thousands of dollars for. They're utter garbage.

CanberraOmega likes this.
  4. lillatroll Aug 2, 2015

Is there a difference between what would be considered amarriage watch and a franken? If a marriage watch is just a movement being used with any parts and trying to fob it off as an original watch then of course it is totally unacceptable.

5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 3, 2015

A franken is typically genuine but incorrect parts put together, these aren't even Omega parts, its a custom dial and hands, the case is usually some off the rack crap as is the strap, pocket watches of that era are incredibly common and regularly go for $30-60, so that's effectively what its worth as that's the only actual Omega part in it.

They're just not worth touching and IMO eBay should take them down but they wont.