Forums Latest Members
  1. Omegafanman May 26, 2019

I have typically got the battery changed on my 1511 FOC when it / or another watch is in for a service or some work.
    My battery just died and I have nothing out at the moment. It seems a risk / unnecessary to post it off just for a battery change.

I have never opened it but it looks really simple. I am wondering if the battery will slide out or do you need to loosen the contact screw?

I have an earthing strap / I am used to working on computers etc so it looks straight forward...but knowing these movements are rare now I thought I would check with the forum before diving in. Also any preferred brand for the batteries?

Many thanks for any help.

battery - Copy.jpg
  2. chunkythebulldog May 26, 2019

Yes you’ll need to loosen the screw to remove the battery.

Omegafanman likes this.
  3. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member May 26, 2019

You can probably do that without issue, but here is an owners’ manual for your watch:

http://www.old-omegas.com/2400en.html

According to Omega, only trained professionals should attempt this.
    gatorcpa

Mr Curta and Omegafanman like this.
  4. Omegafanman May 26, 2019

Thanks for that. I am cautious and hear what you say. I was interested to hear from anybody who had changed theirs ok (noting on my head be it :0)

5. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. May 26, 2019

Omegafanman likes this.
  6. watchlovr May 26, 2019

Changed mine 3 times.
    Loosen the screw, move the fork shaped retaining clamp, remove/replace battery, ideally using plastic tweezers, retighten screw.

Mr Curta and Omegafanman like this.
  7. webvan May 26, 2019

Done it several times, it's not difficult but of course you don't want to slip and hit a costly expensive part nearby !

Omegafanman and Archer like this.
  8. Omegafanman May 27, 2019

@watchlovr @webvan - Thanks for extra replies. I have ordered plastic tweezers so will have a play at the weekend. Any preferred battery brand? Also I sometimes think about storing the watch with the crown out / watch stopped to reduce wear and maybe preserve battery life. Then again it might be more exposed to moisture and mechanical damage? It just a pain as I don't wear it all the time and it seems a shame to have it ticking away in storage. I could take the battery out but then I suspect it would get even less wrist time. I have never checked but I think I got about 13 months from the last battery - I wonder what the average is? I still love this watch :0)
    I am offline for a while now but will let you know how I get on.

9. Omegafanman Jun 2, 2019

Quick update - I have updated my humble kit with plastic tweezers and a new screwdriver set plus a new earthing strap.... I am out of time this weekend but plan to have a go this month (wish me luck). I have gone for a Renata 386 SR43W battery (1.55v)

P1280159 - Copy.jpg