Forums Latest Members
  1. 2exist Jan 4, 2018

Hello, I´m new to collecting watches and i would like to get an advice from seasoned collectors on Ladies watches, are they less desireable than mens watches and if so.Is it a big difference in value oppose to mens watches ?

2. dan7800 Jan 4, 2018

Ladies watches are generally much less valuable than men's watches.

3. 2exist Jan 4, 2018

Why is that ?

4. GuiltyBoomerang Jan 4, 2018

Smaller, very common, and not really suitable for a guy to wear.

5. 2exist Jan 4, 2018

Well obviously they are made for women,but i was wondering why they are less collectable dont women wear or collect watches as well ?

6. GuiltyBoomerang Jan 4, 2018

They do...just that these days the older ladies watches are just out of fashion sense due to their size. When you consider that 31mm was a good medium size men's watch in the 40s/50s, that's the minimum size for a new ladies Rolex these days.

7. 2exist Jan 4, 2018

So if i undertand that correctly the problem is that the vintage ladies watches are too small for todays standards so they are not desireable as much as the bigger models made by today ?

8. François Pépin Jan 4, 2018

I would add that, although there are women collecting watches - we have here, who are real enthousiasts and knowledgeable! - vintage watches unfortunatly largely remain a man thing. Maybe that is why size is so often a topic...

9. 2exist Jan 4, 2018

Does anyone here have any experiences with Omega Dynamic Automatic watches from 1970s ? are these watches desireable among collectors ? I mean in my opinion they have a really good design.

10. dan7800 Jan 4, 2018

My guess is that the forum is made up of 90%+ men (I could be wrong).

What does this tell you about why men's watches are generally MUCH more desirable than women's?

11. 2exist Jan 4, 2018

Thats kinda interesting because from what i know usually the items that are not considered collectable have the best trade value after some time.Because nobody collects them hence a fewer numbers for sale i guess ?

12. ac106 Jan 4, 2018

Sort of. Usually it’s items that weren’t popular at the time and therefore sold in small quantities. Then for whatever reason achieved popularity later in time causing a large demand and small supply.

Women’s watches are the opposite. There are tons of them out there because they were almost a required accessory for decades. But now these tiny, bejeweled time pieces often look painfully dated, too small for modern tastes and only worth the scrap value of the (hopefully) gold case.

Yes yes there are exceptions. Not many though

GuiltyBoomerang, Foo2rama and 2exist like this.
  13. mikechi22 Jan 4, 2018

There are several avid Dynamic collectors on here and a dedicated thread, I believe. Searching on “Dynamic” should unearth this community. I now find myself with four of the gents’ versions (Generation 1) and three ladies’. While this model lady’s watch is much larger than other vintage ones, it’s still only 30mm. I had a devil of a time sourcing straps for these and probably would never have gotten these, had I known the difficulties in store. That being said, the ladies ones cost about 20% of the gents’ ones...and they are in mint condition too. If you are buying for petite females, you’ll have no problem. All of these Dynamics look cool and wear very comfortably.

GuiltyBoomerang likes this.
  14. 2exist Jan 4, 2018

How difficult is to get a bracelet for these watches, because mine doesnt have one :/ and i would like to have it on bracelet instead of strap.

15. mikechi22 Jan 4, 2018

For the men’s version, it is relatively easy to find a bracelet. I just got one myself from an eBay seller in England, in fact. I’m not sure if it is genuine Omega or “Omega.” I haven’t seen anyone selling ladies’ steel Dynamic bracelets on eBay but I vaguely recall Ofrei having them, but at four times the cost of the watch!

GuiltyBoomerang likes this.
  16. 2exist Jan 4, 2018

Well ive looked around myself and yea ive only seen the mens bracelets and pretty expensive for that matter as well,and no ladies bracelets anywhere :/

17. mikechi22 Jan 4, 2018

I bought the gents’ bracelet for about $100 US. As for the ladies, I think Omega may even still sell them but you’re looking at a $400+ pick up there. I’ve forgotten the name (Cousins?) of a UK company that had the lady bracelet in stock too - I was attempting to get extension links for one that I have - also next to impossible. The ladies’ bracelets are very small, so unless the wearer is like a size 2, I would give up on steel.

Another option to pick either of these up is to pick up another Dynamic in sorry shape just to cannibalize it. I also did this but ended up liking the watch as is! Self-discipline required, apparently!

2exist likes this.
  18. palkastu Jan 5, 2018

I cant help with cheap bracelets but I got a Dynamic with the same dial as yours on a bracelet :) The case and bracelet could be in better condition but its still a nice piece.
    These watches screams the 70s in my mind.

As @mikechi22 says these bracelets comes up at ebay for about $100 from time to time in good condtion. Just be patient.

Here is mine
    1.jpg 2.jpg

19. FreelanceWriter Apr 5, 2018

I'm not a serious or knowledgeable "collector," but I picked these two up for my wife. I just need one extra gold-colored link for her to be able to use the bracelet that came with that one:

2 Ladies Dynamics.jpg
    mikechi22 likes this.
  20. Canuck Apr 5, 2018

My better half owns 4 ladies Omega watches. All from the 1960s, all 14-karat gold, at stem-winders, and all tiny by today’s standards. I must own up. These are not watches she has bought for herself. They are watches I have bought for her. She has one favourite. This is it. Pale pastel blue synthetic sapphire crystal, perimeter is faceted. The darker blue “halo” around the crystal is refraction. 14-karat white gold. View attachment 540463

FCDFCA15-10E9-458A-B5E6-1D5E28FB8078.jpeg

Edited Apr 5, 2018
    mikechi22, Molko, kkt and 1 other person like this.