Forums Latest Members
  1. n85ae Jan 21, 2022

I posted this watch in another thread, but I think it was ignored because I had a Speedmaster Professional in the same post. I would like to know if anybody has any information for what it might be worth? I think (from Google) it is referred to as "Cut Glass"

Thanks,
    Jeff

IMG_0442.jpg IMG_0443.jpg
  2. Canuck Jan 21, 2022

Omega did a series with similar appearance to the subject watch which was named “Sapphette”. One similarity between the subject watch and a Sapphette is the faceted synthetic sapphire (nor cut or faceted glass). In your picture, the case appears to have a stainless steel back which might imply that the case gold filled. A Sapphette model would have a karat gold case. As to value? Women’s watches are generally not highly sought after. Even Omegas. Whether the bracelet is karat gold or plated, would be a factor. Whether the case is gold filled or karat gold would be a factor. Any opinion of value offered here would be a matter of personal opinion. But, generally, if the case and bracelet are both karat gold, the watch should sell for more than scrap value. How much more depends on where it is offered for sale, and finding two willing buyers who want to fight over it. If gold filled, expect the price to be much lower.

3. n85ae Jan 21, 2022

Thanks a lot for the reply, so most likely a nice watch to clean up for somebody that wants to wear it, but likely not something of any great value?

4. peterkirk01 Jan 21, 2022

From my limited knowledge, ladies like something new in shiny boxes. Unfortunately used ladies watches are not easy to sell. Give it to a loved one and let them enjoy. Good luck.

5. n85ae Jan 21, 2022

Haha, that makes sense. I'll just clean it up, and figure out who wants it. It's been in the family, so not like it came from a random stranger. Appreciate the reply.

6. Canuck Jan 21, 2022

An item can have intrinsic worth which can mean an item could have value to someone other than the owner. It can also have sentimental worth, primarily to the owner. The Omega is a pretty watch. The faceted synthetic sapphire makes it stand out. That might contribute to someone seeing intrinsic worth in the piece. The name may also count for something. But sentimental value doesn’t add a red cent to the intrinsic worth or the market value.