Omega Jumbo - recent acquisition

Hi all,

Just got this Omega ref 2861 with 37,5mm case (waiting for the delivery now). Pretty excited as I want to see how the jumbo size will look on the wrist.
In the listing it said that it was services 6 months ago, but I notice that there are some missing screws (the one at the edge of the movement) - I assume this is not big deal and can easily be sources. But rather was wondering if it is an indication that there was no real servicing 6 months ago (would the watchmaker usually fix such small things?).
Can that servicing statement really be trusted?

Also it said that the crown is original, but it looks a bit stuck-out and could not find good reference (or trustworthy source) to compare. Anyone has an idea if it is correct?

Many thanks!

s-l1600.jpg s-l1600.jpg s-l1600.jpg s-l1600.jpg s-l1600.jpg s-l1600.jpg

Unless there is paperwork associated with the sale of the watch - itemized receipt of work that was done AND an associated warranty I just treat the watch as if it has not been serviced. I do not factor it in or add value to the watch without those things.

The crown should be smaller and fit into the small opening. A couple of online photos, not mine, of the same reference. Nice watch though 👍

uhr-aufmacherbild.jpg

omega-gentleman-automatic-ref-2861-18k-rose-gold-bj-1960-g.jpg
Thanks - that was also what I found, but wasn't sure which of the two is the correct one.

Noticed that it's missing the case clamps and screws; at least one is visibly missing, but I guess both are. It's not uncommon with solid gold watches to miss those. The movement is often removed to weigh the case, sometimes by incompetents that lose the clamps. I had the same with a gold watch I bought not long ago.

They should run you $40-50 for the pair of clamps and screws on eBay. If you plan on sending it for a service, then your watchmaker should easily handle it.

Unless there is paperwork associated with the sale of the watch - itemized receipt of work that was done AND an associated warranty I just treat the watch as if it has not been serviced. I do not factor it in or add value to the watch without those things.
Same for me : I never trust somebody stating a watch has just been serviced ; "service" is a flexible term to say the least... it can include a complete overhaul, or merely a few oil drops : I recently acquired a "serviced" Pie Pan : got it fully serviced by my watchmaker : several parts were completely rusted... IMG-20230914-WA0006.jpg