Forums Latest Members

Omega have done something weird to my Speedy.

1. mblease Jan 22, 2020

Haha

2. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Jan 22, 2020

If they give you any problems, just call me ...

upload_2020-1-22_13-35-35.jpeg

mblease likes this.
  3. Evitzee Jan 22, 2020

What a cock up, but glad Omega is doing the right thing.

kkt and mblease like this.
  4. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Jan 22, 2020

I suspect the AD may be covering some of the cost, as it was their screw-up.

5. Flintlock Jan 22, 2020

What I get from this is that the company and the dealer helped a customer with accidental damage even it it could have gone smoother. Not everyone does that and it's a sign of a luxury product.

6. mjb Jan 22, 2020

I concur - sounds like Omega is really stepping up their game, admitting fault where it exists and taking responsibility for anything else and in the end, making the customer happy. Which is how it should be. And it makes me happy, not just for the OP, but for all of us Omega fans.

7. ExpiredWatchdog Jan 22, 2020

Wow to Omega stepping up to the polishing damage. However, I'm at a loss to see how an ultrasonic could have caused marks like that, unless they use some abrasive or pile a full tankload into the ultrasonic. And heat damage, priceless.

8. Dr.K Jan 23, 2020

Wishful thinking.

9. mblease Feb 13, 2020

Very pleased to say that I just took delivery of my Speedmaster back from Omega Southhampton.

New bezel, new case, new serial number engraving, new faith in customer service.

happy speedy.jpg
    hanky6, bgrisso, greyfox422 and 3 others like this.
  10. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Feb 13, 2020

Now you just have to smash it on the tile floor again to return the ownership marks you originally wanted :rolleyes:

mblease likes this.
  11. greyfox422 Feb 13, 2020

Congrats on getting it back and being patient enough to get it resolved. Looks great!

mblease likes this.
  12. bgrisso Feb 13, 2020

I’m glad you got it sorted. It doesn’t give me much faith in sending something to Omega. Sounds like a total noob at the OSC steering wheel. God knows how many other watches got screwed up with customers that don’t know any better. However, to be fair, problems can and do happen anywhere.

mblease likes this.
  13. mblease Feb 13, 2020

I am obviously over the moon to have it back but man it took a lot of work to get the desired outcome. I wish it hadn’t been such a struggle. All sorted now, but yes I totally agree, the whole thing doesn’t leave you with much confidence that your watch is in safe hands with them. Perhaps this is just a one off unlucky situation, sure hope nobody else ends up experiencing something similar.

KingCrouchy likes this.
  14. Evitzee Feb 13, 2020

Glad you got it back to its rightful condition. Four months from your dropping it to now isn't that long in the scheme of manufacturer watch repair. It would have taken 3 or 4 times as long to get something like this corrected at Patek Philippe or other high end brand. I've had simple overhauls take longer than four months. It shouldn't have been so difficult but in the end Omega did the right thing. Mistakes can happen, a lot of newbie people work in areas that they aren't equipped to handle.

mblease likes this.