Omega Grand Prix paris 1900 help/info

Hi all,

My father just gave me this beautiful watch. It was his grandfathers, which would make it my great grandfathers watch (if my English is correct :) not a native English speaker so apologies for grammatical errors) He didn't know anything about it except that he remembers it being used all the time.
I doubt that any sort of service has been done to it (at least not after my great grandfather stopped using it which likely would have been the 1940's perhaps?). I also haven't dared to open the watch face side in fear of damaging the hands...

Worth noting is that it still works like a charm, which I find really impressive!

I found this forum and hoped that someone could give me a bit of info about it.
Like:
1. When was it likely made? How many are there out there?
1. I would love to clean the casing, what is it made of? anything special to think of? anything to avoid? (I don't want to accidentally spoil it). My thought was to use some silver cleaning stuff... maybe some Isopropanol,,, would that damage it?
2. Does it look genuine?
3. Is it worth money? This is a minor question, I don't need the money and I don't plan to sell it since it's a heritage.

Thanks in advance, also I can obviously add more pictures or different views if needed.