Forums Latest Members
  1. Prieto9000 May 20, 2019

Have you seen this piece? I think it´s really beautiful, but the price tag seems a little off to me. For that kind of money you can get a Gold Rolex Daytona or Yacht Master on the oysterflex. I mean, all 3 are very nice watches, but I don't think the omega should be in the same price category considering it´s not offering anything else. I even feel the oysterflex is a little better than the omega rubber offerings.

2. Bushido May 20, 2019

The YM is a simple three hander with date. The Daytona has only the chrono as a complication. While the SM includes all the features of both watches. On top of that, the YM is 40mm and the Daytona comes in at about 39mm (even though it's listed as 40mm). On the other hand, the SM is 44mm.

Putting it together, you're getting more complications, in a larger case, which means more gold is being used (even though none of them have enough gold to justify their prices) in the new SM.

Other than paying to have RolexRolexRolex printed all over the dial, why are they charging so much for the YM and Daytona?

3. Prieto9000 May 20, 2019

Maybe because their name is more valuable out there??
    People seem to be more confortable paying that much for a Rolex than a Omega. Re-sell value seems to play in the equation as well. It´s just easier to get rid of a rolex if for some reason you need/want to, specially the sports models. I've tried to sneak some of my omegas in some trades and end up keeping them because dealers are very harsh on this kind of deals. Some dealers won't even consider taking them. I'm not a huge rolex fan, the only one I own is not really mine, I bought it for the mrs because she really wanted it, I just can't find any reason for which I would pay that much for a SM300. IMO there are better watches out there for almost 30k