Forums Latest Members

Omega GlobeMaster annual calendar

1. smm1208 May 19, 2016

recently had the wonderful opportunity to see and try on some of the newest omegas. Have to say that when I first saw the pictures of the new GlobeMaster I thought it looked a it tacky with the months written in the pie pan, but after seeing it and trying it on it has quickly became one of my favourite modern omega. The month really show of the pie pan dial, the watch it self fits beautiful on my rather large wrists and sits rather well under the cuff. Wish I had more time to take some more photos. sorry for the poor quality of the photos image.jpeg image.jpeg

2. ahartfie The black sheep in the Spee-ee-eee-eedmaster flock May 19, 2016

Wow, that grey on grey is quite nice. I haven't seen that one before.

Foo2rama likes this.
  3. alam May 19, 2016

What the heck Omega designers were smoking when they dreamed about this dial??? :confused:

4. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. May 20, 2016

I'm with you. I had not seen that dial yet and it works great. It deemphasizes the months but is still readable. Plus it looks stunning.

ahartfie and smm1208 like this.
  5. EatMan May 26, 2016

I think they both look fantastic. Some watches photograph well and some don't-- Globemaster is one of those that just look so much better in person. I would have never bought mine based on the photos on the web.

6. guelerct May 26, 2016

I guess it's good.
    But I'm not sure I even crave a complication that tells me what month it is until I'm 80+ years old.

7. smm1208 May 26, 2016

its not necessarily a complication to tell you the month but so you dont have to change the date at the end of every month :)

gttime likes this.
  8. gttime May 26, 2016

Exactly!!!

9. Longitude Jun 5, 2016

For me is my next grail watch!, even without the annual calendar complication. In person this watch is amazing, photos just can't capture the true beauty of it. Go to the AD and ask them to let you try it on your wrist and you will see. I hate my AD for showing me this watch, I was content buying my AT until that moment!. I didn't expect to lust for another watch while buying another one...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10. friendharry Jun 5, 2016

The worst dial ever made by Omega. A disaster...

11. billyblue Jun 5, 2016

True that.

In the first picture the month indicator isn't even pointing to the middle of the month?! That's kind of poor...

12. Exarkun12 Jun 5, 2016

This watch absolutely polarizes opinions! I'm not a fan of the dial...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk