Forums Latest Members
  1. Newinwatches Feb 7, 2019

Hello y'all,
    Found this one out there and would be grateful to hear some comments on it. Dial original?
    All help is appreciated =)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. KingCrouchy Feb 7, 2019

Looks like a redial to me, the T Swiss Made T seems very off. Crown isn't the genuine one.

Newinwatches likes this.
  3. Hamish02 Feb 7, 2019

Can’t really see from the case properly but has the gold tarnished on the lugs? If so I’d say it doesn’t quite match the condition of the dial, so...

4. Spruce Sunburst dial fan Feb 7, 2019

Fairly confident it’s a redial; minute markings, hands and ‘T swiss made’ all wrong, lugs poor, wrong crown, dirty movement (which looks fine otherwise).

Newinwatches likes this.
  5. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Feb 7, 2019

Sorry, but I have to disagree about the dial. There are plenty of Geneve dials of this period with similar markings. The lume plots match the hands and are far to uniform, unlikely to be found on a redial. Here is an example sold by a respected forum member.

Crown is likely original as well, just worn.

Lots of dial variations out there.

IMG_7772.JPG

Spruce likes this.
  6. KingCrouchy Feb 7, 2019

@X350 XJR But aren't the T's to high compared to your example?

7. Spruce Sunburst dial fan Feb 7, 2019

@X350 XJR Apart from the excellent condition of the hands and the dial, which appear to be exceptionally good for a 50 year old watch with a worn crown; particularly when compared to the slightly mucky case interior, on none of the Geneve images I’ve managed to locate, do the minute markings rise much more than 25% to the sunburst markers, as compared to 60-70% on this particular watch dial.

I’m happy to accept that the minute markings between 8 and 10 may appear off as a consequence of the photo.

Please forgive me if this post appears confrontational - I don’t mean to be. I’m merely trying to point out the basis of my belief that this is a redial.