Forums Latest Members
  1. TMR_66 Oct 12, 2020

Hi,

I own an Omega Genève which I love. The dial is ruby as you can see in attached picture, and it's in awesome condition. Can someone let me know if on a watch such as this one there is a way to add a Leather Strap rather than the steel one it comes with? I would love to use leather if possible.
    Note: I spent hours looking for 'adapters' or 'converter' link which would allow to mount a regular strap on this watch, but I could not find anything.

Thank you in advance for your kind help,
    Tiziano

Omega.png
    Edited Oct 12, 2020
    janice&fred likes this.
  2. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Oct 12, 2020

Welcome Tiziano -

Unfortunately the only way to fit a leather strap would be to have one custom made, this model was only designed to be worn on the integrated bracelet.

3. Spruce Sunburst dial fan Oct 13, 2020

Another option, particularly if you just want to see if you’re happy with it on leather, might be to adapt a good quality leather strap.

You’d need a leatherwork needle, quality thread, a thimble, leather glue, a sharp craft knife and a steady hand.

4. SkunkPrince Oct 13, 2020

TMR_66 and JimInOz like this.
  5. janice&fred Oct 13, 2020

That is a gorgeous watch ya got there. My suggestion is don't get too bored with it as it is, since most people go crazy trying to find an original bracelet to match their vintage watch. Adding a leather strap to that model will look kinda Rube Goldberg. Why not just expand your collection and take a peek at the sales section here for a leather strap-compatible watch and join the group of us disturbed non-stop collectors :D

TMR_66 likes this.
  6. TMR_66 Oct 13, 2020

Thank you everyone for the suggestions and advice. I fear I will easily fall in the 'disturbed non-stop collectors' category.

janice&fred likes this.
  7. janice&fred Oct 13, 2020

It's all good as long as you do plenty of research before laying out your hard earned money. It's no fun when it gets expensive! :D

TMR_66 likes this.
  8. Roger F Oct 13, 2020

Hi
    I have the same watch and I love the colour but I wondered if you have a similar problem to me with excess movement in the bracelet where the spring bars are attached?
    If you have found a solution I would be grateful for any tips
    Many thanks

TMR_66 likes this.
  9. TMR_66 Oct 13, 2020

HI Roger F. No. I don't mind it too much, and experience the same wiggling. Maybe others have some ideas.