Forums Latest Members
  1. KES Jan 7, 2022

Hi, I inherited an omega watch from my grandfather about 10 years ago.
    I believe that he bought it around 1976 when he retired. He was not a wealthy man so this was a big purchase for him. I think he bought it from a jewelers in Sheffield, UK.
    I don't really know anything else about the watch other than he did get it serviced / cleaned once.
    It has a fixo flex strap and says waterproof on the back.
    Condition wise it does have so scratches as my grandfather wore it daily.
    Could anyone help with a model number or idea of what it may be worth?
    Many thanks!

IMG_20220106_224542.jpg IMG_20220106_224537.jpg IMG_20220106_224437.jpg IMG_20220106_224402.jpg
    ConElPueblo likes this.
  2. Davidt Jan 7, 2022

Probably ref 165.070.

It’s hard to tel from the blurred pictures. Is the dial textured/patterned or scratch (or are the scratches just on the crystal?).

Crystal scratches can be polished out with polywatch, but autosol or even toothpaste can work. General advise would be not to have the case polished so as to retain the original case shape.

It’s a nice watch and a great heirloom. Even now it can be worn daily if given a proper service. Just don’t expect it to be waterproof.

Value as-is around £300

Spruce likes this.
  3. base615 Jan 7, 2022

Nice one. wish I was left an Omega

Get it serviced and cleaned up but I would keep the battle wounds. It’s not a highly collectible piece but the value of it being your granddad’s is high so I’d keep all the dings and scratches he made one it. I’d ditch the bracelet immediately.

There are some horror stories of those eating through the lugs. Get it on a nice strap and you’re good to go.

I’ll leave the UK based guys to recommend a good watchmaker for the service. I’d get that done before winding it up and wearing it around.