Forums Latest Members
  1. gary cracknell Jan 12, 2012

Looking for some advice. I have owned this watch for 30 years and it has recently come back from a full service from Omega via an authorised agent. I know that automatic watches are not as accurate as quartz or battery watches but it has now lost nearly 10 minutes in the last 18 hours. This will be the third time it has gone back. Firstly is there any way of escalating this directly with Omega if my revisit to the Agent. And please confirm that 10 minutes in 18 hours is worth shouting about.
    I would be grateful of any advice

2. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jan 12, 2012

It's not clear to me whether your "authorised agent" repaired the watch locally or shipped it to Omega Switzerland for the initial service. In either case, the timekeeping is unacceptable after an outlay of Omega-type money for repairs.

My suggestion would be to take this up directly with Omega Switzerland. First step should be an e-mail to Customer Service through the Omega.ch website. Be sure to enclose scanned copies of the paperwork you received from your agent, any invoices from Omega and other correspondence.

If there is no response within a week, then follow up with a telephone call to Bienne.

Other that the above, don't know what else to tell you,
    gatorcpa

3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 12, 2012

Just to follow up GatorCPA's reply, if you have a look at this thread:

http://omegaforums.net/threads/european-jewellers-fraud.89/

Where another member had similar difficulties with getting his watch serviced, as soon as he contacted Omega directly, rather than just the dealer, they went to rather great lengths to rectify the situation and solve the problem to the member's satisfaction. Omega is really putting a great deal of effort into their reputation and brand at the moment and if you let them know about this directly I have no doubt they will step up to the plate.

4. gary cracknell Jan 14, 2012

My thanks for that.