Omega Geneve Dynamic

I'm new to the forum and hope that someone can help me.

Has anyone seen an example of Geneve Dynamic similar to the one in the attached pictures.

This one is for sale locally, but I haven't been able to find one that does not include "Dynamic" beneath Geneve. Also, I haven't been able to find one with indices similar to this one.

I love the look of this one but without a reference number I haven't been able to track it down and because I haven't been able to find another example without Dynamic on the face, I'm just a little concerned.

Has anyone seen something similar?
Omega Dynamic.jpg Omega Crown.jpg Omega Case Back.jpg

To me that looks like someone stripped off the paint on the dial, and drew some lines on the bare metal with a fine sharpie.

Like 3
If it's £50 or less go for it and then put it straight on eBay starting at £125. Looks like a bad attempt or got bored halfway through redialing

Like 1
If it's £50 or less go for it and then put it straight on eBay starting at £125. Looks like a bad attempt or got bored halfway through redialing
Then put that money towards a better one.

Unless it's really cheap it'd be a hard pass for me.

If you haven’t already, check out Desmond’s blog that you can download at http://omega-constellation-collecto...mega-geneve-dynamic-i-best-seller-of.html?m=1
Very Helpful.

I have had a dyle for years. Just got a case for it. Mixed up 505 and 565 thinking the former was the no date version of the later.

I think now I may be wanting a 552. The question remains, and my research us unfinished. The dyle does not fit on the 505, which is normally a constellation movement. Most of these watches seem to be evolved from the 470 base movement. Not sure though that the feet positions are the same on the 552 as they are on the earlier calibers. So far no chart of dial feet positions has shown up in any searches.

So I will need to wait until I find a 552 to measure it.

I do not think any of the 10xx movments will fit this dyle. As far as I can tell there is no 10XX caliber what is not a date model.

Eventually hands and crystal will need to be sourced. Interesting that the author does not like frankenwatches. I on the other hand am full victor F. on this Dinamic (as opposed to a Dynamic with a good dial.), as it really wants to be a part of my ratwatch collection. The dyle does have a hairline crack in it after all.

Very Helpful.

I have had a dyle for years. Just got a case for it. Mixed up 505 and 565 thinking the former was the no date version of the later.

I think now I may be wanting a 552. The question remains, and my research us unfinished. The dyle does not fit on the 505, which is normally a constellation movement. Most of these watches seem to be evolved from the 470 base movement. Not sure though that the feet positions are the same on the 552 as they are on the earlier calibers. So far no chart of dial feet positions has shown up in any searches.

So I will need to wait until I find a 552 to measure it.

I do not think any of the 10xx movments will fit this dyle. As far as I can tell there is no 10XX caliber what is not a date model.

Eventually hands and crystal will need to be sourced. Interesting that the author does not like frankenwatches. I on the other hand am full victor F. on this Dinamic (as opposed to a Dynamic with a good dial.), as it really wants to be a part of my ratwatch collection. The dyle does have a hairline crack in it after all.

Good luck with the project :thumbsup:. I have a cal 613 at the spa now, and will want to source a bracelet once signs of life are confirmed:

Before pic
IMG_7552.jpeg

Interesting. I have not see reference to ca 613 before. Does show up on the Omega site as a date variation but not automatic. My dyle is marked automatic. The omega vintage search only seems to return specific results. So a search for movement 613 will find a hit. Where a search for Dynamic or Dynamic I usually returns the 565 caliber. As I recall 552 does pull up an example as well.

I did a check of ranfft. The new site does list 550 as the base caliber. So I pulled up the archive.

Screen Shot 2024-03-14 at 5.59.20 PM.png

So 613 should be manual wind quickset date.

Trying to figure out all these variations is a challenge. Especially when Ranfft is spotty. At least is shows the dyle side without all the date stuff.

I want to make my own strap from scrap pipe organ leather, or denim from old jeans. Or even patterned upholstery fabric. Never cared much for bracelets.

The no date automatics, 550, 551 and 552 all have the same dial foot positions as do the hand wind no dates and IIRC the same holds true for the date references, additionally no differences between the QS and non QS versions.

Interesting. I have not see reference to ca 613 before. Does show up on the Omega site as a date variation but not automatic. My dyle is marked automatic. The omega vintage search only seems to return specific results. So a search for movement 613 will find a hit. Where a search for Dynamic or Dynamic I usually returns the 565 caliber. As I recall 552 does pull up an example as well.

I did a check of ranfft. The new site does list 550 as the base caliber. So I pulled up the archive.

Screen Shot 2024-03-14 at 5.59.20 PM.png

So 613 should be manual wind quickset date.

Trying to figure out all these variations is a challenge. Especially when Ranfft is spotty. At least is shows the dyle side without all the date stuff.

I want to make my own strap from scrap pipe organ leather, or denim from old jeans. Or even patterned upholstery fabric. Never cared much for bracelets.

thanks for the check. I should have said Cal 601

Like 1
To me that looks like someone stripped off the paint on the dial, and drew some lines on the bare metal with a fine sharpie.
Thanks.

Thanks Winston. I appreciate it.

He's asking $550 CAD. Lot's of other good options out there.

Thanks @rendo. He's got it listed for $550 CAD. I'll definitely pass. Lots of other good options out there.

Like 1