Forums Latest Members

Omega Geneve Automatic - How much is the price for this ?

1. allan69 Sep 14, 2018

I think its from 1960 or so , my fathers watch (he died)
    How much is the price for this ? Any one know ?

IMG_20180724_141750.jpg
  2. chipsotoole Sep 14, 2018

Well hello there and welcome to the forum to you too!
    Perhaps you might want to rephrase your opening gambit and take a little look at all the information folk have provided. Who can possibly put a price on a treasured and well kept family heirloom? not I...

allan69, mydeafcat, YOSDav and 3 others like this.
  3. Txsportsman Sep 14, 2018

What an eloquent introduction!

I am a new guy too so I won’t comment on your piece yet other then it looks nice. Good luck.

allan69 likes this.
  4. allan69 Sep 14, 2018

Who can possibly put a price on a treasured and well kept family heirloom? Of cource someone know the price, i wanna sell to give my mother money, she hasent it so easy with the economy after dad died ! So i thought this forum would be good to ask ? So of cource someone knows it here ????? I have no clue if i wrote something wrong , did i ? , i am from sweden and my english is maybe not the best !
    i dont even understand what u ment with this : Perhaps you might want to rephrase your opening gambit , sorry not the best in english

5. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Sep 14, 2018

@allan69, he means you are brand new to the forum, and started a thread asking for information without even saying 'hello', 'please' and/ or 'thank you'.

You need to provide more/ better photos of the watch to get any useful information. And photos of the movement helpful (although may not be possible for you to easily get).

6. allan69 Sep 14, 2018

Hello ! Ok Thanks, yes Please , i am new , sorry

7. chipsotoole Sep 14, 2018

600-950 US dollars depending on state of movement and market forces ( my best guess..others will know more)....Case and dial look in very good condition.

allan69 likes this.
  8. MauiSurfBrah Sep 14, 2018

I am sorry for your loss. I understand and empathize with your position to feel compelled to sell this watch in order to get some money to help your family. That is tough. I think what chipsotoole said, around 600-950 USD, sounds about right. It is a beautiful timepiece and I hope that you get as much for it as possible to help your situation. If you can manage to keep it as an heirloom to remember your father, that would be nice I'm sure, but nobody will look down on you for doing what you must to help your situation. I lost my father 12 years ago and I have an old Seiko that was his. Ironically it isn't very valuable but to me it's priceless.

Maybe though, write a little more in the way of an introduction, anything you know about the watch (was it a gift from your fathers business; did he buy it new in the 60's, etc...) Then, post some more photos, showing all angles, front and back, and of the movement as well (if you are able to open it).

Lycka till!

allan69 and YOSDav like this.
  9. Davidt Sep 14, 2018

$900 (possibly slightly more) if the dial is blemish free and you have any associated boxes/paperwork.

Closer to 500/600 if there are marks on the dial.

allan69 likes this.
  10. allan69 Sep 15, 2018

Thank you very very much !

11. allan69 Sep 15, 2018

Thx a lot !

12. allan69 Sep 15, 2018

Thx a lot for taking time , and for empaty ! Love from Sweden !

13. allan69 Sep 15, 2018

Thx to all of u ! LOVE !