Forums Latest Members
  1. johndoc Dec 2, 2015

Hi, any advice on what this is worth? Also should i renew the crystal? The one fitted is original and just slightly scratched, but not badly.There is also an engraving on the case back, thoughts / advice welcome?

IMAG0391.jpg IMAG0390.jpg

Dont want to throw money at this, if not required, newbie to vintage OMEGA.

2. dlukask Dec 2, 2015

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E3T237C

That stuff will remove scratches from acrylic crystals. It's pretty amazing. If it's not cracked or very deeply scratched, you should be able to polish it up.

As for the value, if you had an original strap, box, papers, it would be worth a lot more, but as it sits, it's probably worth $200 at most? I could be wrong.

johndoc likes this.
  3. johndoc Dec 3, 2015

Thanks Dlukask,
    I have just bought this as one of my entry purchases, it seems to run ok but then stops a few hours after being wound, do you know what causes this? any advice, prior to me taking it to the jewelers?

Thanks John

4. dlukask Dec 3, 2015

I would find the most reputable watchmaker/servicer in your area and have the watch serviced. It might need a new mainspring if the power reserve isn't very long.

5. johndoc Dec 3, 2015

Thanks for the help!! I'll take it to the jeweler when my parts arrive for the other watch I bought, costly inexperience, so far :)

6. johndoc Dec 6, 2015

Well, got the new pz5200 crystal for my watch, but thought i would try the poly watch first, looks good imo, IMAG0426.jpg dont think i'll bother renewing the crystal now.

thoughts?