Forums Latest Members

OHPF Omega Geneve, 9ct gold, near NOS, shackmans solid gold case, linen dial, box & tags cal 565

1. Tom Dick and Harry Dec 1, 2016

Afternoon all

I'm having a bit of shuffle of my gold watches, looking to add another Connie deluxe to the collection and as such something needs to move to make way for incoming.

This is a rare piece, it is basically as new, brought from G Hewitt in Grimsby and appears virtually unworn. The movement is prisitne and working perfectly (as you would expect)

IMG_3666.JPG

The case is a UK made Shackmans solid 9K gold example, these are all hand made cases, it's very well made and very heavy duty!

IMG_3665.JPG

The watch is comlimented by a gorgeous gold linen dial

The band is a lovely padded dark honey with the original gold omega buckle.

It comes with the original box and tags and quite frankly is the nicest 9K watch I have seen or owned in a very long time.

IMG_3673.JPG

It wears extremely well, 34mm with 18mm lug fitting.

Shackman watches are really quite rare, they are extremely well made and very heavy duty and this is an excellent example.

Serial dates it to 1972, the movement is fully checked, regulated and running very strongly and I'm happy to offer a 6 month warranty.

IMG_3672.JPG

I am looking for £495 shipped, payment via BT or PP (gift or you cover fees)

Cheers Tom

Myck, Fattony, Henri_the_Cat and 6 others like this.
  2. Tom Dick and Harry Dec 1, 2016

I've had a couple of questions on the English made case, so in short:

Back in the day there were bunch of regulations around importing gold in to the UK so to get around this omega worked with shackmans and dennison (and a couple of others) to make gold cases for them here and ship the movements, dials etc over and build them up here.

Shackmans and Dennison cases are extremely well made, virtually all hand made and high quality, reflecting in the weight and construction of the case.

Hope this helps

3. Tom Dick and Harry Dec 2, 2016

Gentle bump and reduction to £450 (which is a bargain)

4. Fattony Dec 2, 2016

Pm sent

5. Tom Dick and Harry Dec 2, 2016

OHPF