Forums Latest Members
  1. lars xl Jan 21, 2014

Hi
    Can anyone give me some info on this watch my father bought in the 70'. He gave it to me
    and I'm curries about history and weather it's an original.
    br Lars

foto-32.JPG
  2. Northernman Lemaniac Jan 21, 2014

Original: Yes! Nice: Yes! I need of some TLC: Definitely!
    Hard to say what the round spot on the dial around 11:30 is, but I would definitely recommend to have it cleaned up and serviced by a careful watchmaker. If you give your "position" I am sure that someone in here may recommend someone qualified to do the job.
    Great watch!

lars xl likes this.
  3. Northernman Lemaniac Jan 21, 2014

lars xl likes this.
  4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 21, 2014

Just needs a good service, looks good, definitely original. Don't wind it or wear it until its been serviced.

lars xl likes this.
  5. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Jan 21, 2014

These are nice watches. Make sure you read the article @northerman mentioned

lars xl likes this.
  6. lars xl Jan 22, 2014

Super guys :) Thanks. Im currently staying about 150 km from Hamburg Germany, ( in denmark though)
    Is there any good service there? maybe the Island of Sylt?

7. Northernman Lemaniac Jan 22, 2014

Hi Lars XL!
    There are a few vintage watchmakers in Copenhagen that I know of. Krognos is one of them. Good guy, but takes forever to complete his work.
    Alternatively there are also good ones in the UK. No issues sending a watch in for service as long as you pack well.
    :thumbsup:

lars xl likes this.
  8. Pahawi Jan 22, 2014

Hello lars xl,

Watchmaker Poul Halse in Horsens will be able help you too. :)

lars xl likes this.
  9. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Jan 22, 2014

My favorite configuration Dynamic.........:thumbsup:. Certainly minor servicing will make it a reliable daily wearer again.
    I hope spot in 11:30 position is on crystal not in dial.

lars xl likes this.
  10. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Jan 22, 2014

The automatic with a date is one of the best examples of the breed. The movement is likely a caliber 565 which is highly regarded not just among Omega admirers, but the entire watch collecting cognoscenti.

lars xl likes this.
  11. lars xl Jan 23, 2014

I will try to get it serviced and se if I should wear it more often, Its looks a little small on my wrist and in my taste. Du you guys think there is a market for this kind off watch serviced and all.? auction maybe.

12. epl108 Jan 23, 2014

There is certainly a market for this watch. And you're on one of the very best and most fair ones out there. You can also go the route of eBay as many do, though there's no telling where the watch might sell (well below, OR above expectations).

lars xl likes this.