Forums Latest Members
  1. Leonnatus Jan 4, 2019

Hello everyone. I've found this Omega. I'm still quite the newbie when it comes to determining the originality of timepieces, but I'm slowly learning and would like to compare notes with you guys.

The specs are as following:
    Omega Genève
    Circa 1967
    REF 136.011
    Calibre 613

Things I've noticed aside from the very mint condition:
    1. The hands are correct for a Seamaster 600 during 1962.
    2. The Omega Database timepiece representing the reference number has also got Genève written on the dial.
    3. I'm suspicious over the stick bar markers though. Thin bars alright, but pointy?
    4. Arabic numerals combined with stick bar markers and date is a rare combination I've not seen before.
    5. The case seem to be legit, the case back has a Seamaster engravement and the crown is marked.
    6. The Calibre 613 and Reference 136.(0)011 leads to the Seamaster in the Omega Database, but from what've read both Seamaster and Genève having the same reference number was not unusual during the period.

Unfortunately, there are no pictures of the movement. I've went through Omega Watch Database and been reading the thread about legit watches on sale, as well as using various auction sites to find comparisons. Yet again, some countries may have different specifications on things such as timepieces due to market requests and I live in such a country.

294822707_542e9740-229d-4522-aa2f-4b5890310526.jpg
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Edited Jan 5, 2019