Forums Latest Members
  1. Disintegration Feb 27, 2021

Hi everybody, been reading the forum since long time, trying to learn more about Omega. I am relatively new to watches world, especially vintage one. I own a couple of Seiko, Vostok, an Hamilton Khaki Mechanical and a Glycine Airman Bronze GMT. I was fascinated by Genève line and recently i had the opportunity to make my first buy.
    It is a Genève ref 135.070, sold by an Omega authorized Centre on an important online platform (good feedbacks also).
    They assured me about the originality of dial, case, glass and crown, being the strap and buckle the only parts replaced. Also no case polishing or repainting of the dial was stated.
    I do not have pictures of the movement (601 inside) as i didn't save any of them from the announcement. They stated that it's in good condition and that it was checked prior to the sale.
    In any case, i will bring the watch to a check here locally.
    As a consumer, i can make a return, even if the watch appears very good to my inheducated eyes.
    Unfortunately i don't have a macro camera lens, i hope the pictures will be satisfactory for you.
    Can you help me to be more sure about it?

Thanks, from Italy

geneve (1 di 1)-6.jpg geneve (1 di 1)-9.jpg geneve (1 di 1)-10.jpg IMG_20210227_084337.jpg IMG_20210227_084751.jpg IMG_20210227_084828.jpg IMG_20210227_084851.jpg
    sleepyastronaut and Spruce like this.
  2. Jerseyhammer Feb 27, 2021

Depends on what you paid.and if you like it.watches are all about personal taste...but from your photos it looks fine IMO. A lot of the OM Geneve range often have replacement crowns but yours doesn’t so thats always a bonus . Your choice is a good starting point to get hooked on vintage dress watches and OM in general. Enjoy anD wear in good health

3. Disintegration Feb 27, 2021

Thanks Jerseyhammer for your passage. Price is not a secret, i paid 660 euro + shipping cost. I had monitoring prices for a while on the platform and, giving the conditions it seemed fair to me. Or, at least, i was willing to pay so for it.

Jerseyhammer likes this.
  4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 27, 2021

It’s a good watch, these references are quite durable and have significantly better water resistance than others of that era so a majority of the dials including yours have remained in good original condition. You could have gotten it a bit cheaper but its not an unreasonable price and the condition is quite good so I’d keep it and enjoy it.

Disintegration likes this.
  5. Disintegration Feb 27, 2021

Thank you, too!