Forums Latest Members

Omega Gemini 4 Speedmaster - Advice Needed Please

1. ADM1975 Sep 4, 2017

To cut a very long story short ....

I know very little about watches. In February 2007 I saw this watch in Kuala Lumpur airport, so bought it. I didn't know it was a special limited edition and flew back very happy with my first (and only) expensive watch purchase. It was when I got home and did some research and realised that they had not supplied the original box with the watch. They had only given me the standard red box. I do have the cards as you can see in the pictures.

Countless emails were sent to Omega, who said that they couldn't do anything about it. All the watches in this edition had been sold etc. They sent me the wooden box as some form of compensation.

I have only worn the watch about 10 times in the past 10 years. I have the original receipt and the watch is in excellent condition. I am wondering what effect on the value this will have without the box?

Thanks for reading and I look forward to your advice.

IMG_5083 v2.jpg IMG_5087 v2.jpg IMG_5088 v2.jpg IMG_5092 v2.jpg IMG_5095 v2.jpg IMG_5097 v2.jpg IMG_5098 v2.jpg IMG_5099 v2.jpg IMG_5101 v2.jpg IMG_5102 v2.jpg
    Edited Sep 4, 2017
  2. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Sep 4, 2017

The reference cards appear to be in order. If the SN of the watch matches the cards, should be ok. You cant unfortunately order an extract of the archives from Omega however (max up to year 2000)...don't know if they can somehow validate this further for you. If its legit, my guess would be that the value is not much less than current market value. Google is your friend.

Edited Sep 4, 2017
  3. gemini4 Hoarder Of Speed et alia Sep 4, 2017

Hello. Below is a full set for the Gemini4. You appear to be missing both the inner and out box and the certificate of authenticity. The inner box come up on eBay but very rarely.
    IMG_6221.JPG

4. drhex Sep 4, 2017

And these boxes deteriorate quickly. The faux leather comes apart. Very pretty example of the box. Think this is going to be like the original crater boxes where box with watch will make a big difference to price. Assume you have tried the dealer in KL just in case the box is sitting in some dusty corner?

Edited Sep 4, 2017
  5. ADM1975 Sep 4, 2017

Thanks for the information so far. Yes the SN matches the number on the watch.

Is this a good place to try and sell the watch? I am UK based. I am not that keen on eBay due to the fees etc.

I have googled this watch and have struggled to find a current value for it, as they don't seem to come up very often, or the sale price isn't shown.

6. gemini4 Hoarder Of Speed et alia Sep 4, 2017

7. arcadelt Sep 4, 2017

It would be, but you have to have a post count of 200. That said, I'd be surprised if you haven't got at least one private message already.

8. ADM1975 Sep 4, 2017

Thanks - I am certainly open to offers!

9. Rodmar Sep 4, 2017

Skirting the rules I see!

10. ADM1975 Sep 4, 2017

Sorry - You can see from my original post that I am new to this and certainly don't want to break any rules. I am after advice as to the best way forward with this watch. As it seems like I will be unable to sell it on here, what are my other options etc...?

11. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Sep 4, 2017

eBay, CraigsList, etc.

Rodmar likes this.
  12. Watchmutt Sep 4, 2017

Awesome watch. But you may want to edit out the SN and watch number from your pics.

13. ADM1975 Sep 4, 2017

Thanks for the advice - I have edited the images.

14. sgrossma Sep 4, 2017

There are other forums that don't have strict post count requirements. WUS, TZ, TRF, etc

15. arcadelt Sep 4, 2017

WatchUSeek (WUS) has a post count and time requirement. Timezone (TZ) has a post count requirement. The Rolex Forums (TRF) requires pledge membership. I believe that Watchnet and Chronocentric are unique in having no requirements prior to posting sales. Of course, that makes them marketplaces that really are only suitable for those that know what they are doing. IMHO, eBay is the best bet for a safe transaction for those without standing in the watch collecting community.