Forums Latest Members

Omega Forums 2 - Report Bugs, Provide Input. Help Shape The Future Of Our Forum

1. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Oct 19, 2014

You will be surprised how shy some people to participate in forum. Eventhough they already become member of that forum.
    They usually prefer to discuss in smaller environment, where they already know the participants in person.
    I think as forum OF has already reached a very good balanced format, which then could be combined with a more limited group type to add the growth.

2. Fretworker Nov 4, 2014

May I offer a word of appreciation to the site designers, engineers, implementers - the language is a giveaway - I have not the first idea about building or maintaining web sites, it's hard enough for me to take, even less upload a decent photo, but if I'm the fool that is the bench test for fool proofing then all I can say that for readability, style, layout, accessibility - all this in addition to the generosity and geniality of the forum members makes participation an easy (and sometimes compelling) pleasure, thanks to you all

yande and Trev like this.
  3. dougiedude Carpe horologium! Nov 9, 2014

Can't seem to be able to post new threads through TapaTalk when signed in, but works Ok direct through Safari..

I've been able to do this in the past, but not today..

Solutions?

4. Trev The Architect Staff Member Nov 9, 2014

Tapatalk hasn't been changed, aside from being updated. We'll look in to it for you.

dougiedude likes this.
  5. dougiedude Carpe horologium! Nov 9, 2014

Thanks!

6. pitpro Likes the game. Nov 9, 2014

Trev, dsio,
    again, thank you for the huge contributions
    that make this the best watch forum on the 'net.
    I like change and this looks slick and feels faster.
    Too much white for me though. I think the eyes
    will get tired with so much white.
    Also would like to see bigger "message waiting" indicator
    more centrally located.

Thanks guys

7. Trev The Architect Staff Member Nov 9, 2014

This appears to be a Tapatalk issue. It can be resolved by going to Settings -> Advanced Options sub-heading, then hit "Clear Cache". You should be able to create threads after that.

8. epl108 Nov 9, 2014

Thank you very much to @Trev and the rest of the Mod crew for all the work here - this forum truly is the best and keeps getting better.

My only question (so far) is how can I see when a post was made? It used to show on the top right of a post within a thread, but now I don't see that information.

Thanks again!

9. Trev The Architect Staff Member Nov 9, 2014

I should be there like before, perhaps it needs to be more obvious though.
    Screen Shot 2014-11-10 at 1.58.50 PM.png

10. Fretworker Nov 10, 2014

You guys don't take well to compliments do you? No sooner had I expressed my appreciation for the forum design then you change it . . . . . . . for what it's worth I also find the white background very harsh and glaring . . . . . shall we start a sunglasses thread?

11. JohnSteed Nov 10, 2014

Trev - Great work to you and the team!!!

Love the new more modern site!!! Can I order up a little bit of patina?? Just a bit, to turn down the brightness some ...

:rolleyes:

M.D. likes this.
  12. khmt2 Nov 10, 2014

Bug report - quoted pictures dont' appear, I'm on Firefox 32.0.3, PC.

13. Trev The Architect Staff Member Nov 10, 2014

We did. The background for thread lists and viewing threads has been brought over from ΩF2, the body text is also the same now ;)

cristos71, JohnSteed and rhetoric like this.
  14. niels Nov 10, 2014

Nice work on the upgrades and new look!

I was wondering, why is there no "mark read" link in the sales sections?

15. Trev The Architect Staff Member Nov 10, 2014

There should be, next to the "post new thread" button.

16. niels Nov 10, 2014

ah! I don't have post privilege there, might that also hide the mark as read link?

17. Trev The Architect Staff Member Nov 10, 2014

I'll check it out. Should still be able to mark them as read.

18. Tiny Iota Could potentially be the Official OF Stalker ™ Nov 12, 2014

Hi,

I asked a question recently about getting to the end of a multi-page thread and was told to click on the name of the poster to take you there, and that works fine, but when I do so, the whole page is justified to the left hand side edge of the browser with no left-hand border, but only when I do not have the browser open in full-screen mode. Yes, this is probably a narrow use-case and it's really not a big deal at all, but I figured I'd report it anyway. I am using IE11 on Windows 7 (I'm at work, its not my fault)...

I have attached a screenshot of my whole desktop to give the browser window size a bit of context.

Thanks

screenshot example.jpg

19. Trev The Architect Staff Member Nov 12, 2014

Thanks for the report and screenshot. I'll attempt to duplicate this and find a solution.

20. Tiny Iota Could potentially be the Official OF Stalker ™ Nov 12, 2014

Further to this, when your reply came in I got a "you have 1 new alert" pop-up and when I clicked on that it shunted about half the screen off the left-hand side, with no scroll bars. I had to click on one of the quick links that I could still see at the top of the screen to "reset" it.
    Unfortunately I didn't take a screenshot (silly, I apologise).