Forums Latest Members

Omega Forums 2 - Report Bugs, Provide Input. Help Shape The Future Of Our Forum

1. Trev The Architect Staff Member Jun 19, 2013

Hi Karnak,

I think your last issue was purely related to network connectivity. Our upstream provider was having issues right around when you were trying to login. I didn't do anything specifically to fix it.

This time around, I'm not sure what the issue could be here, but it seems like the system doesn't see you as logged in. Perhaps it's browser related. Could you please try clearing your caches and see if that helps? Alternately, do you have another web browser you can test out like Chrome or Firefox?

2. KARNAK Jun 20, 2013

Hi Trev,
    Thank you for your email, hope you are enjoyning the Gold Coast. I will give a try to what you suggested and see what happens, possibly where I am making the mistake is not signing in properly everytime I log on, on the right hand corner where all the people are logged in it shows KARNAK as logged in then it disappears. From now on I will log in, will let you know. Thank you I appreciate your suggestions.
    Kind regards,
    KARNAK

3. Trev The Architect Staff Member Jun 20, 2013

Hi Karnak, Thanks.

It does sound more and more like a browser issue. I think you're doing everything right here, but for whatever reason your web browser isn't keeping your account logged in.

If trying an alternate web browser or trying a different computer resolves the issue, at least we'll know where the problem lies. Unfortunately it's not something we can currently observe happening to other ΩF users, but we'll keep an eye on things regardless.

Here's the link to Google Chrome:
    https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/

Or you could try Firefox, if you're already running Chrome:
    http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

The browsers we recommend most highly in terms or reliability and security are Chrome (for members on Windows), and Safari (for people on MacOS).

Let me know how it goes. Hope that helps.

4. MMMD unaffiliated curmudgeonly absurdist & polyologist Jun 20, 2013

Hi Trev,

Love how this forum runs on my Mac! I've been having an issue with Tapatalk, though. Frequently the portion of a post coming after a URL link insertion - even in quite short posts - is not visible as I scroll through a thread. I'm only able to read this invisible part of many posts if I start a reply by quoting the post; I'm then able to read the missing stuff in the quote. The annoying thing is that I often don't know that I'm missing anything until I reply... then I realize "ah... that post was not as stupid as I thought," and I cancel my reply.:). I think this is a relatively new problem with Tapatalk... I've only noticed it in the past month or so.

Marc

5. Trev The Architect Staff Member Jun 20, 2013

Hi Marc,

I've just updated to a slightly newer version of the Tapatalk plugin. Please let me know if that makes any difference for you. Unfortunately, we have very little control over the Tapatalk app itself (or any bugs it may contain).

6. MMMD unaffiliated curmudgeonly absurdist & polyologist Jun 20, 2013

Thanks Trev. I understand it's probably a Tapatalk issue and not an OF one. I'll let them know too.

7. Trev The Architect Staff Member Jun 20, 2013

I tested it out a few times on Tapatalk and Tapatalk HD (iOS), didn't have any luck duplicating it.

Does it happen consistently?

8. KARNAK Jun 20, 2013

Hi Trev,
    Thank you for your very comprehensive response to my query. I will give your suggestions a try and let you know how I make out. Strange I am the only member experiencing this issue.
    Regards,
    John

9. MMMD unaffiliated curmudgeonly absurdist & polyologist Jun 20, 2013

It happens all the time. Here is an example of two posts in a row, as they appear to me in the Tapatalk thread and as they appear when I quote them:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Trev The Architect Staff Member Jun 25, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to post screenshots Marc. We'll test out Tapa on iPhone to see if there's anything we can do to resolve this on our end.

11. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 25, 2013

Trev, I have been getting the same issue on Tapatalk for some time as well.

12. Trev The Architect Staff Member Jun 25, 2013

Noted. We'll sort it out, if it's something we can fix (unsure if this is the Tapa app side or us).

13. alam Jun 26, 2013

Any reason capitalization on thread subject lines are always "Title" style? e.g. UPS becomes Ups, USPS is Usps...

14. Trev The Architect Staff Member Jun 26, 2013

Fixed. ;)

15. ulackfocus Jun 26, 2013

Sweet! Now we can YELL AT EACH OTHER IN THE TITLE OF THREADS!!!!

16. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 26, 2013

::facepalm1::

17. alam Jun 27, 2013

You are welcome! :)

18. Spike Apr 6, 2014

Any idea why I can't change my Avator picture chaps?

I thought it might have been an ipad issue but i've tried it on my iMac as well and still no luck.......I've tried a number of different picture options so it doesn't seem to be that either.

Any thoughts?

19. Spike Apr 6, 2014

Scrub that query, it now works!

20. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Apr 10, 2014

Just read about Heartbleed, since my web tools and programming knowledge is close to zero, could you explain it in relation to our beloved forum here? Also suggestion for our other account (Paypal, Ebay, Gmail, etc)?