Forums Latest Members

Omega Flightmaster C911 ref. 145.026 "Yellow hands"

1. bernarddevos Feb 17, 2015

Just received this Flightmaster "yellow hands". Apparently the "yellow hands" version was a special request for higher legibility in aircraft cabins using infrared light. Anyway I like it a lot. I was afraid the huge case would not fit my small wrist but in fact the elliptical case makes it a great fit.
    DSC_0351.JPG DSC_0354.JPG

ffej4, Dogmann, Gavin and 1 other person like this.
  2. lwong Feb 17, 2015

Nice! This is mine. Still gunning for a 910 though.

[​IMG]

Dogmann likes this.
  3. bernarddevos Feb 17, 2015

Looks in great condition.
    Mine has some black smudges on the inside of the glass where the gasket is.
    Is that the gasket melting or black glue that was badly applied?
    I am not familiar with these Flightmasters.
    Thanks.
    Bernard

4. lwong Feb 17, 2015

My assumption would be the gasket since that's how the crystal is secured, but the resident experts are far more learned than I am.

PS. You put up some really great autavias for sale recently, and I'm sad to say I didn't have the funds for them. I would've loved to pick one of the viceroys up otherwise!

5. pascs Feb 17, 2015

Both great looking flightmasters. The black smudges could well be the crystal o-ring, the 145.026 has an o-ring the same as the 145.014 Speedmaster. It would seem odd that its melting as the crystal and rest of the watch looks in such good shape and had either a very easy life or some recent service?

This is my 145.026 (currently in a 145.036 case).

I've just ordered a new crystal as its badly scratched and will be putting it all back together soon

[​IMG]

Dogmann and lwong like this.
  6. bernarddevos Feb 17, 2015

Thanks for the kind words my friend. And just let me know if you need a nice Viceroy.
    I always have several of them. I just love Vics. :)
    Bernard

lwong likes this.
  7. bronxbomber252 Feb 18, 2015

Cool looking watch. Just a bit if education regarding color and flight decks. You are on the right track discussion infrared, but here are the details. Night vision goggles (NVG's) are used on many military aircraft, these see a combination of near-Infrared, and low visible light. Because of this NVG compatible lighting must be used inside. This is light in a band that NVG's cannot see, but human eyes can. The reason for this is light that NVG's can see would cause glare that would block NVG vision outside, and would cause the NVG's to gain down or dim (like a video camera pointed at a bright light). Because of this they avoid using anything close to infrared (infrared is invisible to the naked eye anyway). The NVG compatible lighting is a special shade of green. Under green light, red shows up as black and is this hard to read against a grey or black background. Yellow, however, practically glows under NVG compatible lighting. Magenta and cyan also show up very well.

lwong likes this.
  8. bernarddevos Feb 18, 2015

Great info my friend. Thanks.
    Seems to me that you are a pilot yourself.
    My father was a pilot in the Belgian Airforce.
    Here an old picture of him. He is 84 now and still in great condition. :)

DSC_0024.JPG

lwong and pascs like this.
  9. bronxbomber252 Feb 18, 2015

I am a Combat Systems Officer (CSO) on HC-130's in the USAF. As a CSO I operate navigation systems and navigate, operate defensive systems, operate communication systems and handle command and control radio comms, and operate the fuel and aerial refueling systems. The HC-130 is a C-130 cargo plane modified for combat search and rescue missions.

In the "its a small world" category. My squadron currently has an exchange officer/pilot from the Belgian Air Force.

10. ffej4 Survey Man Feb 19, 2015

Really unique watch. I like it!