Forums Latest Members

FS Omega f300 Tuning Fork Chronometer 198.001. *Freshly Serviced.

1. Cayohuesovespa Mar 29, 2023

Omega Electronic, F300 Chronometer, Tuning Fork 'Hummer' Watch - Ref 198.001 - in great condition.

This watch just returned from a full service and coil replacement from John at Budget Accutron and the watch has been cleaned and is running like new!

(here is an excerpt from John about tuning fork watches: "the remarkable tuning fork index mechanism of the Accutron works well only when it is properly phased and adjusted. The jeweled index fingers must have the proper force pushing against the index wheel and they must have the proper orientation with the index wheel and each other. If not, poor time keeping, stopping, or rapid time gaining will result. There are 9 separate and precise adjustments required for the index mechanism alone. Once the index mechanism is fixed, fine adjustments in time keeping can also be made by adjusting fork frequency."

These will come with the balance of the 2-year service warranty from February 2023.

This one comes running like new, keeping good time and functioning properly. It is in good physical condition for a nearly 50 year old watch. (the supplied photos should be a good representation and show the condition)

This beauty boasts a subtle silver striped T-Swiss dial with applied baton hour markers, Tritium filled hour and minute hands (although I couldn't get them to glow much) and day and date aperture at 3.
    The case is nice with a few marks but no deep gouges or scratches.
    Signed crown in nice shape and quick-sets the date properly and does feature a hacking function (although these do take about 1 second to come to a stop!)
    Acrylic crystal is in good shape with no scratches.
    The watch is approx. 38mm without crown and has 19mm lugs.
    The watch has a comfortable and somewhat retro feel to it.

The watch will ship with a generic strap but should be considered watch head only.

Asking price is $700. Shipping method and payment type are negotiable...
    Please feel free to reach out for references, and I am happy to answer any questions or provide more pictures. The Watch and I are located in Key West Florida and would be happy to do a F2F.
    1.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg