Forums Latest Members
  1. Dualmonitors Jun 14, 2019

Dear All:

i have a problem which i can't resolve. i thought maybe the experienced gentlemen here might be able to come up with a solution.

i have an Omega f300 Cone (day/date model, 3 o'clock crown, pics below) and the bracelet has been refinished. as it is not the most attractive, i thought that i'd have a custom leather strap made, maybe with rally styled holes. sounded easy enough.

well, the width of the spring bar is merely roughly 9mm as it is an unorthodox connector between the bracelet and the lugs. i sent the ring and bracelet to the custom strapmaker. to his surprise, there isn't enough clearance between the spring bar and the case! there is enough clearance for the metal bracelet to attach to the spring bar, as the metal is very thin and is strong, but for leather, there needs to be more clearance!

these rings for bracelets aren't easy to come by! i also don't have the Omega part number. what is one to do?

any ideas please? thank you so much in advance.

2019-05-28 18.09.08.jpg Omega f300 Cone DAY DATE - Ebay Germany - limette266 - Watch and Bracelet  20190510.JPG Omega f300 Cone DAY DATE - Ebay Germany - limette266 - Watch BACK and Bracelet  20190510.JPG Case to Spring Bar Distance Pic 1  20190614.jpg Case to Spring Bar Distance Pic 2  20190614.jpg eab858c5-0acc-4a85-9ebf-d08980c37ded.jpg Omega f300 Cone DAY DATE - Ebay Germany - limette266 - Case 12 oclock Angle  20190510.JPG Omega f300 Cone DAY DATE - Ebay Germany - limette266 - CASEBACK INSIDE  20190510.JPG
  2. Dualmonitors Jun 14, 2019

Forgot to add: there are some bracelet rings that also are for 3 o'clock crowns but those bracelet rings have standard sized spring bars. The question is how to buy one of those rings?

Here are a couple of pictures to show what those rings with standard sized spring bars look like.

Omega f300 Cone with Full Width Spring Bars Ebay UK - ancellman - BACK  20190614.JPG Omega f300 Cone with Full Width Spring Bars Ebay UK - ancellman - FRONT  20190614.JPG
  3. pheme Oct 6, 2022

Did you ever solve this problem?

I ask because I just acquired exactly the same watch. I rather like the original bracelet, but am having problems with shortening it for my wrist. I cannot unscrew the link pins, and, while the spring bar of the clasp micro-adjustment can be depressed, I cannot move the attachment point at all - the tolerances seem to be too tight.
    Any suggestions on how to proceed?
    And just a furth clarification on the case back: the inner notches are for opening the back to replace the battery, while the outer notches are for removing the bracelet ring?